Pool Vac creates cloudy water

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
mrouff
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mrouff » Tue 22 Sep, 2009 13:35

I have a sand filter that is filtering the water great....until I attach my pool vac. As soon as my vacuum starts sucking up the dirt on the bottom of the pool, the water coming through the returns instantly is cloudy. It isn't long before my entire pool is clouded with debris. I can backwash my filter and it will return clear water for a very short time before it starts shooting cloudy water back into the pool.

Any ideas what causes this? Would it be okay as a temporary fix to run the vacuum while the pool is in backwash mode? I figure this might bypass the filter and just shoot the dirty water through the water wash hose. I need some help ASAP because we're having people over this weekend.

Thanks in advance!
Mark

Postby Guest » Sun 27 Sep, 2009 03:03

The sand has either clumped together or the level has fallen and the filter is not doing its job.

Open the filter and inspect the sand. Post the feedback here.
ALL BLUE

Postby ALL BLUE » Sun 27 Sep, 2009 18:39

ALL BLUE HERE
HI, I CANT HELP BUT SAY (TONGUE IN CHEEK} AND" FLYS DONT CAUSE GARBAGE" LAUGH-LAUGH. APPARENTLY YOU HAVE HAD ALGAE IN THE POOL AND KILLED IT; AND NOW YOU WOULS LIKE TO CLEAN THE MESS UP OUT OF THE POOL. WITH YOUR POOL VAC. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, SAND FILTERS WILL ONLY FILTER PARTICLESOF 40 MICRONS, CARTRIDGE FILTERS 20MICRONS, EARTH 1-5 MICRONS; ALAGAE IS IS IN THE 1-5 MICRONS. YOU NEED TO VACUUM THE POOL TO WASTE NOT BACK WASH. PUMP THE RESIDUE OUT ON THE GROUND. HOOK UP YOUR VACUUM HEAD. REMOVE THE TOP OF THE FILTER, CLOSE THE RETURN SIDE TO THE POOL AND VACUUM THE POOL TO WASTE THE RESIDUE WILL COME OUT THE TOP OF THE FILTER AND GO ON YHE GROUND. BECAREFUL TO NOT SUBMERSE YOUR POOL MOTOR OR YOU WILL BW REPLACING IT. OR PLUMB A "T" ON THE REYURN SIDE OF THE PUMP AND HOOK UP PIPE OR HOSE TO RUN IT OUT TO THE YARD. FILTERS ARE ONLY DESIGNED FOR NORMAL MAINTENACE OF EVERYDAY DIRT. NOT EXTREME CASES LIKE YOU HAVE. ALL BLU POOLS ALAN :thumbup:
Nationwidepools

Postby Nationwidepools » Tue 20 Apr, 2010 17:51

New vac may be in order. There are bunch of accessories to keep your pool looking fresh.
pb in phx

Postby pb in phx » Sun 20 May, 2012 14:56

:thumbup: i did exactly what you said here and my pool is beautiful sparkly clean. Thank you.

Pb :thumbup: :d :d

all blue wrote:all blue here
hi, i cant help but say (tongue in cheek} and" flys dont cause garbage" laugh-laugh. Apparently you have had algae in the pool and killed it; and now you wouls like to clean the mess up out of the pool. With your pool vac. Not going to happen, sand filters will only filter particlesof 40 microns, cartridge filters 20microns, earth 1-5 microns; alagae is is in the 1-5 microns. You need to vacuum the pool to waste not back wash. Pump the residue out on the ground. Hook up your vacuum head. Remove the top of the filter, close the return side to the pool and vacuum the pool to waste the residue will come out the top of the filter and go on yhe ground. Becareful to not submerse your pool motor or you will bw replacing it. Or plumb a "t" on the reyurn side of the pump and hook up pipe or hose to run it out to the yard. Filters are only designed for normal maintenace of everyday dirt. Not extreme cases like you have. All blu pools alan :thumbup:

Postby Guest » Mon 09 Jul, 2012 18:27

I have the same problem, been trying to get rid of it for days now. nice clear pool in the morning but i can see clumps of stuff on the bottom. as soon as i try to vacumn it the pool turns cloudy. i will definatly vacumn tomorrow to waste side of the pump....man i hope this works....thanks for the info.
Thomas152
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Surfing

Postby Thomas152 » Thu 20 Sep, 2012 05:45

Pool User wrote:I have the same problem, been trying to get rid of it for days now. nice clear pool in the morning but i can see clumps of stuff on the bottom. as soon as i try to vacumn it the pool turns cloudy. i will definatly vacumn tomorrow to waste side of the pump....man i hope this works....thanks for the info.

It is quite right due to it is the only best way to get rid of from cloudy water in a easy form, also cheap way.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”