Question about draining pool

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
maddie0929
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground 19,000 gallon 27 in 4 1/2 sand filter

Postby maddie0929 » Wed 26 May, 2010 19:03

(Have an above ground pool)OK.. so had a very green pool, added chemicals turned blueish cloudy looking. Nothing was helping. Finally decided to vacuum alot to waste. Well, after seeing just how bad it was (from not properly covering and closing last fall) decided to just drain alot of the water till there is 1 1/2 ft left... thought that after that it would be ok, it's really not. After all the stuff had settled back down I can still see where all the dead algae is. So myself and my 9 year old daughter have been doing this all by ourselves since my hubby is working out of town till tomorrow and it's not easy when your deck doesn't go all the way around. So when I finally got to talk to my hubby he starts freaking out because he thinks the walls are going to cave in because of the water level. I have a friend who did hers the same way the whole time she had it closed up and she said hers was fine, plus I had called the pool store just to check before and they said that level should be fine. I am seeing now I am going to have to clean it really good rent a pump to get the rest out of the nastiness out. There is no way of cleaning it that I know of and then start to fill it right back up. So my question is do I have anything to worry about with the side caving in? I plan on doing all this within the next 2 days. Hopefully my hubby will be back tomorrow.. I have no idea how to work one of those pump things :?
Thanks!!

Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Thu 27 May, 2010 08:50

Maddie,

More than worrying about the pool collapsing I would be concerned about your liner cracking and shrinking if left without water for two days. You may be looking at having to install a new liner when it's all said and done. I'm not trying to panic you, just an honest observation here that I have seen occur many times when owners completely drained their liner pools...

How old is the liner?
JMD
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18'x33' Oval Above Ground, Sand filter

Postby JMD » Tue 22 Jun, 2010 15:53

EDIT: I just looked at the date of your post, I'm sure i'm way to late, hope everything worked out.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”