I want to share my auto cover knowledge

Introduce yourself and let us know who you are.
We are happy to have you here!
Honey Badger
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: Expert in auto covers

I want to share my auto cover knowledge

Postby Honey Badger » Wed 30 Dec, 2015 10:30

I'm new here, I live in Utah. I was in the pool industry for 8 years. In that time I have installed and repaired almost every auto cover system on the market. I have worked for the manufacturer and seen how 2 main brands function and produce their product. I was heavily involved in sales, design, and production. I have recently left the industry to pursue some different options but I want to be able to share my knowledge of auto covers. When it left I was the top trouble shooter at the manufacturer. I have a limited knowledge when it comes to the rest of the pool but I am an expert on auto covers. I am just looking to share my knowledge and help out where I can.

Best regards,
Honey Badger

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Inground concrete 72m2
Tiled overflow pool
2 Hp pump mono
Fiberglass sand filter 920mm
Tiled deck

Re: I want to share my auto cover knowledge

Postby Larry » Mon 04 Jan, 2016 09:08

Thanks for the great introduction Honey Badger.

Your expertise is always welcome here. I hope your new career move is working out for you and hope to see lots of you around the forums.

Larry
rod7
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby rod7 » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 06:15

Welcome here! :)
cbruce46
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: 20X40, d.e. filter, hayward superpump

Postby cbruce46 » Wed 23 Nov, 2016 19:10

Hello, I have a coverstar pool cover, I'm on my second one, I had the first one installed and got about 9 years out of it. It was in pretty bad shape when I replaced it this season. I decided to install this one myself to save about 450.00 and it worked great all season so I guess I got it installed properly. My question is this, has anyone used a winter cover to put over a coverstar cover during the winter to see if they could get it to last longer? I found a 12 yr cover that I can get for a little over 100 dollars and I thought if it would help me to get a couple of extra yrs out of my coverstar which cost me about 2000.00 with shipping it would be worth it. I just figured keeping the uv rays off it during the winter might make it last longer....any thoughts?
Zullifrm
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby Zullifrm » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 02:49

Hello! Thank you for sharing your knowledge. It was useful. To thank you, I would like to share an equally useful Australian reference au.papersowl.com, here you can find even assignment about swimming pools. There's a very interesting blog, so I advise you to read.

Return to “Welcome Aboard”