JUst purchased house with above ground and hot tub - NEED help

Introduce yourself and let us know who you are.
We are happy to have you here!
daveneo
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: above ground - maybe 4ft X 20 ' diameter - just got it with home purchase - know little about it

JUst purchased house with above ground and hot tub - NEED help

Postby daveneo » Sun 05 Sep, 2021 12:02

can anyone discuss some basics with me? I had some discussion with PO but at time did not even know right questions to ask. I need to know daily weekly routine as well as winterizing. Right now concerned if pumps are meant to run constantly or I must shut off at night?? any help appreciated I am pretty sure hot tub is not programmable to cycle off an on. i found a switch on pool deck that shuts off pool pump and filter. Was able to open up the strainer and check basket, clean, and get it all working again ... the PO said main filter element is fairly new. t has a solar cover on it and I found a poly winter cover in shed. How those covers are generally used and what the basic winterizing process is I do not know

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: JUst purchased house with above ground and hot tub - NEED help

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 06 Sep, 2021 02:55

Each pool is individual, I suggest you get someone to close the pool for you checking what they do and ask the right questions
daveneo
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: above ground - maybe 4ft X 20 ' diameter - just got it with home purchase - know little about it

Re: JUst purchased house with above ground and hot tub - NEED help

Postby daveneo » Mon 06 Sep, 2021 07:29

that's helpful? Ii see this happen a lot on forums - I think people that really do not want to take the time/energy to post something that would actually address someone's questions should just avoid the urge to hit keys. IMO point of this forum like other self help ones is to help do-it-yourselfers. If you thought you were being helpful then thanks anyway. Have a lovely.

Return to “Welcome Aboard”