Old guy - new member

Introduce yourself and let us know who you are.
We are happy to have you here!
HowardWalker
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16 X 32 Blue Dolphin IG fiberglass, about 15K gallons. 1.5Hp Hayward pump, 3inch puck style Hayward cholrinator, 100 sq. ft. pleated cartridge filter. Jandy Valve controls and diverter for solar heating panels (three 4 X 10 panels on an elevated pressure treated wood rack).

Old guy - new member

Postby HowardWalker » Sun 11 Apr, 2010 16:45

My name is Howard and I live in Northern Virginia. We live in a rural area and use well water. VERY HARD well water. The Rainsoft people measured 50 grains of calcium hardness with traces of Iron, Manganese, and the ever lovely and odoriferous Sulfur Dioxide.

Needless to say, the IG fiberglass pool (Blue Dolphin) and I are at constant odds over water quality. About the time I get everything perfect, and fine tuned like a Swiss timepiece, it is time to winterize the pool. That is my favorite time - I can ignore the pool for about 5 or 6 months.

The pool was installed in 1995 and the pool contractor neglected to inform me of all the maintenance that would be required. I guess he figured that info would send me running for the exit.

As time allows I will post some pictures of the pool and the Gazebo (Which houses our Mountain Stream 6 person hot tub [ 8 persons if you are REAL GOOD friends :wink: ]

Time and questionable construction practices have take a toll on the concrete pool decking and the bullnose pool coping brick. I will address those repair issues in some later postings - complete, with pictures.

Please take pity on some of my yet-to-be-posted inane questions as I attempt to unravel the mystery of the quest for perfect water balance. Perhaps that could be achieved in a biosphere, but not in real life.

Return to “Welcome Aboard”