Intro & Question

Introduce yourself and let us know who you are.
We are happy to have you here!
gto
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 18K gallon inground gunite / liq chlorine treated /Hayward NG heater / Hayward VF 2.7 HP w/ ProLogic Automation / Pentair WhisperFlo 1.5 HP Booster / Pentair Purex 2000 DE Filter

Intro & Question

Postby gto » Sun 18 Jul, 2010 00:14

Just wanted to make intro. Got my place about a year ago & pool along with it. Found this site about a week ago while searching for some remedies on my pool. Lot's of great info here. Working the BBB methods & couldnt be happier. Had a high CYA level due to years of Trichlor tabs, & thanks to the great knowledge here, was able to learn about my new chemistry experiment. I've taken over the pool guy work, as I apparently know, or better said, care more than them or the store now re. my water, equipment & swimmers. Damn store was trying to feed me all the crap I didnt need. Did a half dump on the water, & I've got everything in check now, including the CYA which is around 60ppm. Now just gotta figure out a way to remove all the blue staining which I think is copper algaecide. Time to research all the threads avail. Anyone have any good ideas on how to test for what those stains are, & how to clean up?
I want to add that acid wash is not an option due to the age of the plaster.

thx

I'll likely have some questions from time to time until I learn enough to answer posts myself.
Anyhow, here's the pool. Around 20,000 gln, now treated with liq chlorine.

lbridges
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: Geometric 16K gal shotcrete w/exposed aggregate; Pentair EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, VS-3050 pump, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG; Heliocol solar. Rocky's reel

Intro & Question

Postby lbridges » Sun 18 Jul, 2010 07:26

A trichlor tablet held against a stain generally proves out an algae. A vitamin C tablet rubbed against a stain generally proves out some metals. Do you know if there is a history of a metal/mineral system use (like Nature 2, etc)?
gto
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 18K gallon inground gunite / liq chlorine treated /Hayward NG heater / Hayward VF 2.7 HP w/ ProLogic Automation / Pentair WhisperFlo 1.5 HP Booster / Pentair Purex 2000 DE Filter

Intro & Question

Postby gto » Sun 18 Jul, 2010 10:13

I have no history on what's been used, but I'm sure it's not algae. Gonna try the vitamin c thing today. Post later on results.
twistedemotion
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: It's perfect. It's a paradise

Intro & Question

Postby twistedemotion » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 05:55

I really wish to have my pool started as soon as possible. Now looking at this picture makes me want to envy you. I am new here.

Return to “Welcome Aboard”