25 yrs. Exp. for this Pool

Love your swimming pool? Have a dream pool? Share it with us here.
Post your pictures and tell us about your pool and yard.
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Me... » Thu 12 Mar, 2009 00:39

Here ya go. My daughter gets a 200 gallon blowup pool with a 3gr./hr. CD Ozone system. LOL It pretty much didn't matter what the heck they did in there, drop the unit in there for 5 minutes and it was all clean and sparkly again.

Was a fun little experiment I did to see if you could do it. The pipe you see behind the Ozone unit is actually a contact chamber. The higher pump I used as a booster to get the sizing more or less correct. I could actually run that sucker for an hour and still not really smell much Ozone although I don't think I had the generator cranked right up.
Attachments
O3 pool.JPG
O3 pool.JPG (169.05 KiB) Viewed 10727 times

Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Postby Larry » Thu 12 Mar, 2009 01:17

:thumbup: That's great.

Talk about overkill! At least it gives you peace of mind.

Larry

Postby Guest » Wed 18 Mar, 2009 07:40

What would happen if you put too much ozone into the pool?
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Me... » Mon 23 Mar, 2009 10:23

If a little tiny bit too much, fresh air smell in the area.

If kinda sorta too much and you got the "photo copier" smell going quite good I guess you might get a headache after a while.

At some point the Ozone would start oxidizing/dissolving the pool and eventually the pump and plumbing too although I am sure this pool would have long ago disintegrated and because the pump would melt from lack of water the plumbing would be safe :D

Also the fumes could be expected to be deadly or at least cause very severe headaches and other very severe health issues. I think they say 50ppm is expected to be fatal. You can smell it and become sensitive at as little as .1 ppm or so though. A photo copier probably puts out more than that. People are very sensitive to it. I took a lungful once at 2%. Thats about 20,000 ppm. Brutal night in hospital but I am still here. It prevents oxygen flow to the bloodstream.

And of course there is lots more but the internet is full of info there is no room to put here.
swimmingpoolbuild
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: Designer and builder of fiberglass, vinyl liner, and concrete pools. My contractor page is chadehunt.com, my ebook is at http://swimmingpoolbuild.com

Postby swimmingpoolbuild » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:56

Holy overkill Batman!

Nice :mrgreen:

Chad
Michael13
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Michael13 » Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:39

hahahaha.. It looks very cool mate :P
the fish logo*s are epic :lol: