My concrete deck has several puddles

Problems relating to the Pool Help Forum website and general forum help.
Suggestions and criticisms that would improve your web experience.

Several puddles concrete deck after raining

Although I bought this house for years ago and painted the deck right of way one thing that did not become noticeable because of being in Florida and not getting rain for several months in the winter time is that I found out that I had several puddles one of them is a long side building I have tried using self-leveling concrete because it is very smooth and no rocks in it to fill in the puddles I know you're going to suggest a new deck but being very poor having a low paying job I'm looking for the most economical solution should I continue to use the leveling cement for the random puddles around the pool ?
No votes
or should I do it yourself install Channel drain which can get costly unless I just use a basic aluminum three-quarter inch deep without a cover or grate. Although I like the one inch wide ones appd home improvement stores they are three and a quarter inch deep and that's exactly how deep deep slab is which means I would be cutting through the slab possibly causing more slab movement in the future and with the footage I need it would be extremely expensive we're looking at $500 where is Channel drain that is not in the budget with having old kitchen appliances. I have learned everything else about pool care that cannot seem to find any information other than how to install a channel drain on YouTube. Even the salespeople at Home Depot don't know what to suggest as far as blade for either my circular saw or angle saw the angle saw would only cut up to 2 in and the circular saw wood Cuts right through the slab my challenge is finding some kind of cutting device that can be flush with the building which is about 17 feet out of the hundred feet that is not close to the building also another question as far as water drainage how far away from the inground pool walls should you allow drainage down into the dirt by making a French drain for example they sell the channel drain that has a hole in the middle for drainage otherwise I'm looking at possibly 60 feet of straight Channel drain to lead the water off the patio or deck into the grass yard there is a chance that I may sell the house in 18 months ending on my health conditions and job opportunities or lack thereof where I'm living
No votes

Total votes: 0
feesor@gmail.com
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground pool Florida Central home was built in 1961 looks like pool was added later purchased home for years ago 12 by 25 oval

My concrete deck has several puddles

Postby feesor@gmail.com » Sun 25 Aug, 2019 16:31

Although I bought this house for years ago and painted the deck right of way one thing that did not become noticeable because of being in Florida and not getting rain for several months in the winter time is that I found out that I had several puddles one of them is a long side building I have tried using self-leveling concrete because it is very smooth and no rocks in it to fill in the puddles I know you're going to suggest a new deck but being very poor having a low paying job I'm looking for the most economical solution should I continue to use the leveling cement for the random puddles around the pool ?

or should I do it yourself install Channel drain which can get costly unless I just use a basic aluminum three-quarter inch deep without a cover or grate. Although I like the one inch wide ones appd home improvement stores they are three and a quarter inch deep and that's exactly how deep deep slab is which means I would be cutting through the slab possibly causing more slab movement in the future and with the footage I need it would be extremely expensive we're looking at $500 where is Channel drain that is not in the budget with having old kitchen appliances. I have learned everything else about pool care that cannot seem to find any information other than how to install a channel drain on YouTube. Even the salespeople at Home Depot don't know what to suggest as far as blade for either my circular saw or angle saw the angle saw would only cut up to 2 in and the circular saw wood Cuts right through the slab my challenge is finding some kind of cutting device that can be flush with the building which is about 17 feet out of the hundred feet that is not close to the building also another question as far as water drainage how far away from the inground pool walls should you allow drainage down into the dirt by making a French drain for example they sell the channel drain that has a hole in the middle for drainage otherwise I'm looking at possibly 60 feet of straight Channel drain to lead the water off the patio or deck into the grass yard there is a chance that I may sell the house in 18 months ending on my health conditions and job opportunities or lack thereof where I'm living

Return to “Problems & Suggestions for this Forum”