Need help please! Another cloudy H20 question

Problems relating to the Pool Help Forum website and general forum help.
Suggestions and criticisms that would improve your web experience.
KLAP
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground, 25ft

Postby KLAP » Wed 10 Jul, 2013 11:57

Any help with my problem with be greatly appreciated. I have a 24ft above ground non chlorine pool w/sand filter. Instead of chlorine I use a "copper" algecide subsitute that is recommended by the local pool company. Anyways, three days ago I shocked my pool with the suggested amount after noticing a slight green haze...the water turned extremely cloudy. I ran the filter for two days and noticed about a 50% difference...so the pool store suggested a clarifier. (the last time the pool became cloudy after shocking the filter cleaned it within two days on its own). I diluted and poured the recommended amount around the pool perimeter last night and ran the pump...then let it settle per the instuctions. Well...nothing happened except that the cloudiness got about 10 time worse and nothing "settled" to the bottom as the instructions said it would. The cloudiness remained in the water. Woke up this morning and the water is still very cloudy. All PH levels are in range. My question is...if I used too much clarifier would the filtering system fix the cloudiness on it's own and would flocing the pool do any good since no dead algae settled to the pool for vacuuming after I tried the clarifier route? We're supposed to have a cookout this weekend and the wife is stressed because the pool isn't looking so good. Any help would be great and if your suggestions fix my cloudiness then I'll buy you a beer if you're coming through Oklahoma City (-: Thanks in advance

KLAP
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground, 25ft

Postby KLAP » Wed 10 Jul, 2013 20:50

Nevermind...the pool store took care of business. Thanks for the 101 views and no responses though

Return to “Problems & Suggestions for this Forum”