Very cloudy pool using Baquacil

Baquacil, SoftSwim, Revacil, Splashes, Poly Clear. Using these
non-chlorine products and converting from biguanides back to chlorine.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sat 15 Aug, 2009 11:25

aa1113

Postby aa1113 » Mon 24 Aug, 2009 18:47

I have read many of the posting on that website but it still not clear to me if I need to keep the pump running throughout the entire process or just the daily norm, like 6 hours? How often to clean the filter while converting or to vaccum? Do you really need that expensive test kit? Thank you
edra4701

Postby edra4701 » Tue 25 Aug, 2009 13:09

Hey We are having the same problem with our pool this year too, very cloudy (white). We have spent over $400 in Baquacil chemicals. I am very frustrated & ready switch to Chlorine. It's ridiculous. Can You tell us how to switch to chlorine? Please Please Help
determine1

Postby determine1 » Fri 04 Sep, 2009 19:29

:roll: My pool also has been very cloudy this year and there was also some yellow build up. I spent many days trying to clear it. Finally, I was told to use the water clarifier and I filtered it overnight. At 1st I didn't notice any difference but I found you have to turn the filter off and let it settle. At that point my water was clear because everything settled to the bottom. I then tried to vacuum it all out but it just stirred it up and the water became cloudy again...well what I wasn't told was YOU NEED TO VACUUM TO WASTE....unfortunately I had to re-add more water clarifier and I have been vacuuming to waste now..I had to vacuum to waste twice and of course add more water but it now looks clear. Hope this message help someone else :)
Mike A Jones

Postby Mike A Jones » Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:18

I too am experiencing very cloudy Baquacil pool water and like others according to Baquacil dealer water chemical levels are good.
Using the Flocculation chemicals do you vacuum the pool to waste and top up with tap water? Then use a metals remover? Then the double dose of Oxidizer? In other words is there a set procedure for ridding of water mould.
I am a long time (10+ years) user of Baquacil, had a new pump and DE filter last year and new liner this year, but never experienced such problems before. Could this be due to the very hot Spring and Summer we are experiencing here in the East? No intention of changing to chlorine but need a fast solution if anyone can help.
tuggums

Postby tuggums » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 11:02

Used Baquacil for about 10 years. Got to use it longer than most and than started the read algai/bacteria business. Nothing to do but change over . After the lime green chlorination process if you don't want to stay with chlorine go with Pristine blue. This is a copper based algacide etc. works quite well
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 13:51

Copper alone will not kill bacteria quickly (takes around 40 minutes for what chlorine kills in about 1 minute at normal FC/CYA ratios) and is not effective against viruses. Copper can also stain pool surfaces and is the cause of greenish hair. Though copper is a very effective algaecide, chlorine alone can easily prevent algae growth if the Free Chlorine (FC) level is appropriate for the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level. Learn more by reading the Pool School.
JD

water mold

Postby JD » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 06:29

Pool User wrote:You probably have watermold. To me this is the only bad thing about baquacil but it doesn't happen to everyone. Here's some homework: Take out your skimmer basket and feel aroudn for any white slime. ALso around the stairs or jets- anyplace with little circulation. High shock and haze are good signs of water mold. Here's the solution: You need to add water clarifier and flocculant to the skimmer. 24-48 hours later you need to DOUBLE shock your pool.Never turn the pump off during this. The complete directions for this are on the back of the baquacil water clarifier bottle. This process works very well- better if you're not on a filter such as sand or de (which I hate). Don't let this turn you from baquacil- if you've noticed the chlorine to baquacil problems on this forum are 100-1.

What if you have a sand filter? Will this process still work?
kg

Postby kg » Wed 04 May, 2011 12:32

same here... cloudy water $300 later ... need help to convert to chlorine without spending another $300
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Wed 04 May, 2011 12:54

What have you been doing for the conversion that you spent $300? Did you follow Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine?
chiefrcd

Postby chiefrcd » Tue 24 May, 2011 19:18

I had the same problem, pink mold first then white water. Fought it all last year. This year I purchased " Pink Treat" 2 containers ( have a 30,000gal pool). I poured one container in one skimmer and another container in the other skimmer and let her run for 48 hours. Clouds of white debris blew out of the discharges. This will not settle out. I then flocked the pool using three containers of flock dissolved in 5 gal. of water. Within 24 hours my pool was almost completely clear from one so cloudy that you could not see the net just below the water. I vacuumed the bottom and got most of it. Had to let it settle again and vacuumed the rest out. Acid washed the sand filter at the end. My plan is to keep Pink Treat on hand and at the first sign of any type of mold, I'm going to attack it immediately.
Mr. Baquacil

Postby Mr. Baquacil » Wed 01 Jun, 2011 14:29

The best way to clean up that pool is dump the Baquacil - the white mold is impossible to kill with this stuff - due some research on alternative pool sanitizers - copper ions UV. You will be a lot happier and it will keep more money in your pocket!
slou

Postby slou » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 13:32

Put a Miraclear in the skimmer basket.
unhappybaquaciluser2

Postby unhappybaquaciluser2 » Thu 21 Jul, 2011 10:50

we have used Baquacil for several years and are having the same issues. have found out that Revaci can be used without much trouble in its place. the baquacil shock is not a strong and you loose your pool quickly because of this. :)
Pooless

Postby Pooless » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 07:37

I have the same issues with our 24 foot round pool, I am ready to drain it and take it down. I am so upset with it this year. I have looked at all of my Baquacil supplies and I do not have a water clarifier. What and how much do I put in to shock it. Please help, I am about ready to go the chlorine route too.

Return to “Baquacil, Biguanides and PHMB”