changing from baquacil to chlorine

Baquacil, SoftSwim, Revacil, Splashes, Poly Clear. Using these
non-chlorine products and converting from biguanides back to chlorine.
itjustrixie1

Postby itjustrixie1 » Fri 09 Jun, 2006 20:39

:? Someone please help. I am currently using Baquacil products and my pool water is very cloudy. I want to change to chlorine. What do I need to do to get the Baquacil products out of my water? And then what do I do?

itjustrixie1

please please help

Postby itjustrixie1 » Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:22

Someone please help me!!!
bowlingd

Bacquacil problem

Postby bowlingd » Wed 30 May, 2007 12:20

I am having the same problem with milky, powdery bacquacil pool water ( the dealer says that it is a "white algae" which is gunking up our pipes). Anyway, My husband and I are giving up on Bacquacil after fighting this for a year with thousands of dollars of Bacquacil " remedies".. We are going to drain our pool using whatever means will get the water out ( probably the "vacuum" method and garden hoses . Then we are going to brush scrub the sides, bottom, etc. with a light non-soap chlorine solution, (but not too concentrated- just to clean off that awful white stuff). I hear that the vinyl liner will shrink if too much concentrated chlorine is applied to an empty pool liner..We are then going to get new sand in the filter, and refill the pool. I am sure that it will take a load of chlorine based chemicals to get the whole thing balanced, but we have already spent so much money on supposed bacquacil rememdies which have not worked. I can not guarantee this method in any way because we are just now starting this process, but at least you have someone's "answer" to the problem. Personally, my opinion is that the manufacturers of Bacquacil have a real problem that they are trying to cover up.
howzball
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby howzball » Mon 11 Jun, 2007 15:18

Bacquacil is a farce.

Get a salt system and be done with it. You're going to have to change the sand (assuming you have a sand filter) first. Other than that not a big deal.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Mon 11 Jun, 2007 22:32

You can treat it like a bad case of algae and shock the dickens out of it for a couple of weeks. It will turn lots of different colors, I'm told.

For more information go to www dot troublefreepool dot com
There are a few people over there that have converted. Go ask them.
MBRuenning

Conversion to Chlorine

Postby MBRuenning » Tue 07 Aug, 2007 18:28

BowlingD-

Curious as to how the conversion went. We are planning to do the same thing this weekend. SO TIRED OF BAQUACIL!!
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Tue 07 Aug, 2007 19:32

Well, you certainly don't need to drain and scrub the pool...even for a Baqua-crap conversion.

You have to use high levels of chlorine to eliminate the baquacil...the chlorine oxidizes it the same as algae. You have to keep at it until your chlorine levels stay steady...sometimes adding chlorine 2-3 times a day. These same high levels will also take care of the algae you have living in your pool.

I also understand you need to change the sand, cartridge or clean grids depending on your filter type...which is the ugly part.

There is a forum dedicated to Baquacil conversion HERE.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
jazz

draine your pool

Postby jazz » Thu 24 Jul, 2008 06:59

drain pool and leave 6 inchs of water. fill pool back up this should get rid of almost all the baquacil.what ever baquacil is left will get eaten by the new water.you need to add 2 bottles of metel control while filling. Run filter 24 hours. Go have your water tested and start slowly converting. My pool was down for 1 day.You can swim right after you fill it back up its just regular water then.No shrinking of the liner.

Postby Guest » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 18:33

itjustrixie1 wrote::? Someone please help. I am currently using Baquacil products and my pool water is very cloudy. I want to change to chlorine. What do I need to do to get the Baquacil products out of my water? And then what do I do?

Return to “Baquacil, Biguanides and PHMB”