swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
KLM4101999
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground Salt Water - Liner Pool

Pool Liner Question

Postby KLM4101999 » Sat 16 Mar, 2019 10:11

I had a new inground pool installed and have had nothing but problems with the contractor and the pool ever since....

The contractor was in a rush last fall to get water in the pool to close it for the winter and as a result liner was installed crooked. With the liner crooked, it does not seat fully in one of the corners in the shallow end at the steps.

It is literally 3-4 inches away from the wall in the corner on one of the steps!! You can see the seam at the bottom of the pool in front of the stairs running on a 30 degree angle.

The contractor said we need to keep the water level up to keep weight on it so it stretches into place. That would be doable if the pool was level...to get the water level up in the shallow end 2" under the concrete coping puts the skimmer in the deep end under water!!

I have argued with the contractor about this problem, and stated several times I want the liner fixed so it sits correctly, and he says it is normal to float away in corners on stairs, and he will not replace it.

I know this can't be normal - before I get a lawyer involved I wanted to reach out to some pool experts to get some further insight. please share your thoughts / comments. I just want my pool that I paid a lot of money to be done correctly and get exactly what i paid for and settle for nothing less...

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pool Liner Question

Postby Teapot » Sat 16 Mar, 2019 16:51

Sorry to hear your issues, I am just a pool engineer and not a lawyer but my advice is this situation is no good, the pool isn't level and the liner doesn't fit. That situation will be a pain in the arse for ever. You'll have to litigate.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”