I have a tree coming out of my pool and I want to know why

A BBB guide to supermarket poolcare.
Use store-bought bleach, baking soda
and borax to replace proprietary pool chemicals.
justasking
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16 x 32 inground pool

I have a tree coming out of my pool and I want to know why

Postby justasking » Fri 16 Jul, 2021 13:06

I have an inground pool and there is like a tree coming from under the Loop-Loc cover (the water), penetrating through the cover and still growing upwards. There is also green growth along the seams of most of the cover. The water is black so I can not see how far down all of this goes but I assume that it is to the bottom. For all that I know there is a small forest down there. I would really like to know why this happens (or happened). I was told that the Loop-Loc covers block the UV rays from penetrating so this will not happen. I do believe that the pool would have to be drained to get to the bottom of this (so to speak) but it should not have happened in the first place and unless I know the cause it could happen again. A new liner and new Loop-Loc cover was put in about 5 years ago, is it possible that this is the fault of the installer or the cover? I would appreciate any help that I can get.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: I have a tree coming out of my pool and I want to know why

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 08:32

I would say it's lack of maintenance on your part not the installer

Return to “BBB Pool Care”