Possibly switch fromSynergy products to another.

A BBB guide to supermarket poolcare.
Use store-bought bleach, baking soda
and borax to replace proprietary pool chemicals.
frisbeguy4
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a four year old above ground swimming pool, with a High Rate Sand filter, a 1.5 Pentair Dynamo Pump.

Possibly switch fromSynergy products to another.

Postby frisbeguy4 » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 20:04

I have been using Synergy products, made by Omni, for the past four years.(time I have owned the pool) When the pool season starts, the Synergy Program, suggests, using a product called Initiator. Initiator contains boron, which is considered a stabilizer/conditioner. They claim that using Synergy program, only three chemicals are added to the pool. Also, the manufacturer, claims, that less chlorine is used. I was wondering what other pool operators use for their pools, having a success? My boss uses borax in a sock, and the sock, remains in the pool, throughout the season. Borax is a lot cheaper, than Synergy's Initiator. Any thoughts?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Possibly switch fromSynergy products to another.

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 04:48

I use
Sodium hypochlorite (bleach) to chlorinate
Hydrochlopric acid (Muriatic acid) to lower pH and TA
Sodium Bicarbonate (bicarbonate of soda) to raise TA
Aeration to raise pH (bear in mind that spillover, fountains, waterfalls and anything that aerates water increases pH
Cyanuric acid (stabiliser) this is added separatley to stop the CYA getting to high and rendering the chlorine ineffective
For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm

A good reason not to use pucks or granular Chlorine
Check these links
Chlorine / CYA Chart
Pool Levels

Return to “BBB Pool Care”