Mystery Pool Capacity

A BBB guide to supermarket poolcare.
Use store-bought bleach, baking soda
and borax to replace proprietary pool chemicals.
revitup
I'm new here
I'm new here

Mystery Pool Capacity

Postby revitup » Sat 30 Nov, 2019 12:05

I've just had a new IG pool installed. It is a Carribean Bay "Calypso" model. I have been trying to find out the gallon capacity for a while now. The pool installer says 14000 gal. Various other sources have said 10000 and 12000. None of these seem to provide accurate chemical amounts for calculations in any of the various apps I've tried. The chemical amounts specified always seem excessive, having to be halved or even quartered to provide the correct result. My rough measurement of the irregular shaped pool is closer to 8000 gallons. Is there anyone else that has this model pool? Do you know the capacity? Is there a number which works in your calculations?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Mystery Pool Capacity

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 02 Dec, 2019 06:25

The best way is put a certain amount of chemicals for a given gallonage and then adjust till you get the right result
Maybe starting with your own estimate of 8000
Some capacities give total (filled to the brim) and others actual (Normal level)
revitup
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby revitup » Mon 02 Dec, 2019 19:16

Thanks, I've done that and the chemical addition results indicate the pool volume is somewhere between 7000 - 8000. What's puzzling is that the pool manufacturer Carribean Bay, told me this morning that the pool capacity is 14000 filled halfway up the skimmer. How those numbers can be so far different I have no idea.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 03 Dec, 2019 04:29

revitup wrote:Thanks, I've done that and the chemical addition results indicate the pool volume is somewhere between 7000 - 8000. What's puzzling is that the pool manufacturer Carribean Bay, told me this morning that the pool capacity is 14000 filled halfway up the skimmer. How those numbers can be so far different I have no idea.

Are you sure that you have the correct model that they have quoted the size

Return to “BBB Pool Care”