pool saturation index

A BBB guide to supermarket poolcare.
Use store-bought bleach, baking soda
and borax to replace proprietary pool chemicals.
userx
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: taking certified pool operator course

pool saturation index

Postby userx » Tue 02 Aug, 2022 19:41

how do you determine the temperature factor if the temperature falls between listed values on ssi chart like
75° = some Factor
85° = some Factor
my actual temp reads 77 so is read as the 75 value or the 85 value I'm taking thr certified pool operator test and keep missing the ssi questions because I don't know which way to round and can't find any information about how to handle when my actual reading falls between the charted temps all my other numbers are correct

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: pool saturation index

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 03 Aug, 2022 01:47

there is I belive a correction factor you can apply but otherwise warm or cool the test sample.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
userx
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: taking certified pool operator course

Postby userx » Wed 03 Aug, 2022 05:01

Teapot1 wrote:there is I belive a correction factor you can apply but otherwise warm or cool the test sample.

yes in real life just go with whatever is closer but for a test question your given the temperature to use so do you typically round up or down thats my question seems like which ever way i round i pick they round the opposite way idk
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 03 Aug, 2022 12:02

Thats how I usually get on in tests to. But they dont want you to get 100% or it makes it look too easy.
At a higher temperature you get a slightly bigger faster reaction is about all I can say.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “BBB Pool Care”