green water

A BBB guide to supermarket poolcare.
Use store-bought bleach, baking soda
and borax to replace proprietary pool chemicals.
xsil1111

green water

Postby xsil1111 » Thu 25 May, 2017 09:53

I opened my pool, no problem, except needs vacuumed. Tested the water, ph was high, so I mixed borax with water and dumped in about 1/2 a quart, 1 quart including the water. Next day the water is green. Should I just shock it with bleach and wait till it is clear again? 18x48 intex pool. About 5200 gal.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: green water

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 25 May, 2017 12:04

Borax will increase pH, If your pH was to high you should have reduced it with Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) which would have lowered your TA as well which could be raised with bicarbonate of soda
bryanwalker
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small pool with granite counter tops and many more things.

Postby bryanwalker » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 04:30

OK, Did you tried adding some sequestrant? Maybe it Could be a reaction to metal.
marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby marvinwalters » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 01:47

xsil1111 wrote:I opened my pool, no problem, except needs vacuumed. Tested the water, ph was high, so I mixed borax with water and dumped in about 1/2 a quart, 1 quart including the water. Next day the water is green. Should I just shock it with bleach and wait till it is clear again? 18x48 intex pool. About 5200 gal.

Hey how is your pool now, what method did you use for it?

Return to “BBB Pool Care”