Culator Metal Remover

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
poolforum

Culator Metal Remover

Postby poolforum » Mon 03 Jan, 2011 06:00

Has anybody tried Culator Metal Remover? It's been on the market for 3 years now and I haven't found any reviews by users. Thanks!

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Culator Metal Remover

Postby chem geek » Mon 03 Jan, 2011 13:35

I wrote up this thread on it at TFP, but haven't gotten anyone to try it. So, unfortunately, no reviews for it there. On Amazon, there are 5 reviews, all positive. Note that all reviewers have only posted one review on Amazon and there's no way to easily verify if reviews aren't shills. CuLator themselves have 2 reviews on their website, one of which is the last one from Amazon.

By the way, the product was only introduced in February of 2010 so it hasn't been out there for 3 years.
Peyamb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20,000 gal

Culator Metal Remover

Postby Peyamb » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 15:01

Hi. Please check out our website to see the latest reviews. The last one is from an individual who tested CuLator for Gorman Wholesale Pool Supply in Florida. I am also working with Pool Professionals (a large service company in Raleigh, NC) to use the product on two pools that are on well water (lots of iron in the water).
My suggestion is to just get a bag, drop it in the skimmer basket and watch if it is making a difference for your pool. If you have enough iron, you will see some yellowing of the polymer showing through (blue if you have copper). It works and I'm not just saying that because I work for the company. My friend's pool is clearer than before. So just give it a try for a couple of months and see for yourself.

Thanks,
Peyam
twistedemotion
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: It's perfect. It's a paradise

Culator Metal Remover

Postby twistedemotion » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 06:09

Maybe one should try it, so that one could give reviews to the people.
MrDave

Culator Metal Remover

Postby MrDave » Fri 13 May, 2011 08:53

My pool store said it works with customers on their route. i just put it in my pool will know in a couple of weeks when water is retested. I have a new pool.
MrDave

Culator Metal Remover

Postby MrDave » Fri 13 May, 2011 08:54

My pool store said it works with customers on their route. i just put it in my pool will know in a couple of weeks when water is retested. I have a new pool.
Peyamb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20,000 gal

Culator Metal Remover

Postby Peyamb » Fri 01 Jul, 2011 14:13

One thing I forgot to mention, CuLator only binds with metals in solution (the ionic form). If you see stains or cloudy/colored water after shocking, this is metal in already oxidized form. CuLator will not bind with the oxidized form. You will need to remove the stain and put the metals back into solution in order for it to work. CuLator is not a stain remover, it is a stain preventer by physically binding with the metals. You get rid of the metals in your pool by throwing away the bag with the bound metals inside.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”