Pooling Method?????

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Kurt
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pooling Method?????

Postby Kurt » Sat 17 Jun, 2006 09:38

I have just tested my pool water for the first time, and it came back with a 0 reading for total free chlorine, and something like 250ppm for total alkalinity. So I have shocked my pool and went out and bought some muriatic acid ( I think thats how its spelled). I was reading some other posts and one said something about a "pooling method" for adding the acid????????? I looked further and can't find any thing on this pooling method. Anybody out there know how this is done???

Kurt:D

pooling

Postby 21958 » Tue 25 Jul, 2006 20:21

I have never heard of pooling but my guess is with your alkalinity being that high what you do is add the muriatic acid slowly all in one or two locations in the pool with the pump turned off until the acid is dispersed then turn pump back on. This is in comparison to adding the acid all around the perimeter of the pool which will affect your ph more than total alkalinity. You will want to check your ph again once you get your TA down to a reasonable level. 120 to 180.
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Wed 26 Jul, 2006 10:49

No sure what pooling is?

Mix you acid in a bucket of water (2-3 gallons) first. Then with your pump running pour the mixture into the pool where one of the returns enters the pool.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”