Pool Blaster Max - any good?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Lolo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 5000 gallon, concrete in-ground. Integral 'wall-hung' 1hp pump/filter unit with LED underwater light and ozone generator. floatron ioniser.

Postby Lolo » Wed 19 Jan, 2011 00:50

OK..I'm new to pool ownership so go easy on me.........

I have a small in-groung 5000 gallon 'fun' pool. It's only 110cm (43") deep. I have an integral 'wall hung' pump/filter unit with a 1hp motor and a canister filter (a combined unit which hangs over the pool wall rather like a saddle on a horse). Apart from the separate pool drain, there is no other plumbing!

My problem is that the main intake for the water is on the bottom of the pump/filter unit. This is 2ft ABOVE the pool bottom. This type of unit is incapable of sucking up any debris from the pool floor. Consequently dead algae just gathers on the bottom and when you swim it all gets kicked up and makes the pool look like milky water. Some of it gets filtered, but most ends up back on the floor :thumbdown: .

Now I cannot connect a normal pool vacuum (with all the hoses) and run this through my filter...it doesn't have the facility to do this. So I'm looking seriously at the Pool Blaster Max CG.
However I can't get reliable reports on it's effectiveness.......50% say its almost useless....50% love it!

Bearing in mind my situation, and if I add a very fine bag to filter the dead algae, is a Pool Blaster Max CG my best option?
Do I need to use a clarifier?

Just to make thing worse.....my home is in a distant island province of the Philippines! I can't just run down to Costco and return it if it doesn't work. Nor can I get fancy chemicals and other water treatment products.
I have to order this on-line, so I need to be sure!

HELP guys....PLEASE.

Lolo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 5000 gallon, concrete in-ground. Integral 'wall-hung' 1hp pump/filter unit with LED underwater light and ozone generator. floatron ioniser.

Postby Lolo » Sat 05 Feb, 2011 02:57

Any opinions out there ??????

Anybody used one of these ??????

I'd really appreciate an umbiased view.
Lolo
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Lolo » Thu 14 Jul, 2011 03:39

I bought a Poolblaster Max and took it home to my small kidney shaped pool....charged it up....connected everything, complete with the extra-fine filter bag that came with it and tried it.
I had LOTS of dead algae forming powder-fine dust on the floor of my pool. (Simply walking close to this stuff would kick-up a cloud of creamy-white water).

The poolblaster max sucked it up easily enough.......but it went straight through the extra-fine filter bag and was blown out of the back end!
I ended up with a pool full of what looked like milky water! Not impressed.

Even the extra-fine bag they supply cannot deal with any dead algae sized particles. I can't for the life of me think why they don't supply a bag suitable for this. These bags are available in other sizes........what's the problem with supplying one that actually works!

As this is it's a complete waste of $240.....and yet for almost no extra $ it could be SO good.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”