PoolPower RP23HD issue

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
kimj
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Pool came with house purchase and is 10 years old.
Its tiled so assume its concrete and holds about 50,000 litres of water.
Hayward Sand Filter.
Pool Power Chlorinator.
Sunbather Solar.

PoolPower RP23HD issue

Postby kimj » Mon 31 Jan, 2011 18:56

Hi all

I've got an issue with my Chlorinator. It has stopped produced salt, complaining that the salt level is too low.
However, I took my water to a pool shop, and they said the salt is fine. I only need between 2000 and 3000 because of the type of cell, and it was 2950.

I cleaned the cell using the acid/water solution as I have done in the past, still no joy.

Then I made sure that the pump was sucking water from the main drain as well as the skimmers - this actually kicked the thing into gear and it started producing Chlorine again, but after maybe an hour, back to the salt level is too low and off.

My gut feel is its a problem with the sensor (otherwise why would it suddenly start producing chlorine for an hour?) Does anyone else have any suggestions? The pool hasn't started going green yet (thankyou pool blanket). And I am loathe to spend $900AU on a new PoolPower cell if it isn't that issue. I don't know how old the cell is, at least 2 years.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Kim

kimj
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Pool came with house purchase and is 10 years old.
Its tiled so assume its concrete and holds about 50,000 litres of water.
Hayward Sand Filter.
Pool Power Chlorinator.
Sunbather Solar.

PoolPower RP23HD issue

Postby kimj » Tue 01 Feb, 2011 15:09

Hi all

I took my water back to the pool shop and had them test it again. The stabiliser was too low, so they have suggested I add 2kg of that, and some chlorine until I figure out what the problem is.

I added the stabiliser and the panel is reporting the salt levels to be OK now. I will get my water tested again before we use it today though, because I had to add acid, and I think the PH is too low now - according to my test strips.

I didn't realise that low stabiliser could cause similar readings to low or no salt in the panel. Am still pretty new to the whole pool thing!

I also spoke to the manufacturer in Australia and they said they would take a look at the unit (panel and cell) for free if I needed, and didn't mind a 50 mins e/w drive. Any work that needed doing, I would have to pay for obviously. (The pool shop wanted to charge me $80 for the privilege). They also said that they engrave the date of manufacture on the cell casing - so now I know my cell is 6.5 years old, which is nice to know as it definitely soon will need replacing. Its meant to last longer than other cells because it doesn't need as much salt to operate.

Thanks

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”