Maintenance of Salt water systems Less work?

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
pectin232
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby pectin232 » Thu 07 Apr, 2011 14:15

I have a regular sand filter inground pool with 24-26k gallons. I am used to it but am considering of putting either a salt system chlorinator [Aqua Rite] or not putting it and put an Ozonator to kill germs instead. Which is a better system... in the long run. I read that Salt system has a lot of issues as well... problem is I have a lot of chemicals for the regular chlorination systems.. what to do with them?? I hate Algae blooming, calcium issues, etc etc... too much metal.... will converting solve my problems?

SPMG
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby SPMG » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 07:51

Hello,

Salt-water pools are fine generally speaking.

I live in Spain and don't do pool repairs in USA :lol: but this page of our website will tell you all about salt pools

regards, Ken
preeti22
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby preeti22 » Thu 25 Oct, 2012 07:20

Ozonator is good option than any salt water chlorinator. as they not adds harmful chemicals in water and are powerful sanitizer. Ozone water purification is 3000 times more powerful than ordinary water sanitizers and prevent algae without harming your pool water. Ozone generators either contain an ultraviolet light bulb or an electronic (corona discharge) device that converts oxygen to ozone. Ozone bulbs typically last for about 2 years and can be replaced for about $75 US. so it is less maintenance than saltwater systems.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”