Return lines in concrete, please help

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
navyfly73
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30x15 inground concrete

Return lines in concrete, please help

Postby navyfly73 » Thu 14 Apr, 2011 17:22

Hi. I have a very old concrete pool. I having the liner replaced, it's already out of the pool. The coping around the pool are old masonry sections on top of the cantilever channel which needs replaced. I was going to get the metal rounded bullnose channel put in that you pour concrete into. Since I'm doing that, I figured I might as well replace the sunken concrete (and cracked/broken) patio, which is more like a sidewalk going around the pool and the stone coping. That seems pretty easy, but I noticed that my return lines and skimmer lines are pretty rusty and who knows how long they last. Apparently, these old lines are built into the concret of the pool itself. It's way too expensive and labor intensive to have someone cut into the pool undergournd and replace the lines. I'm wondering if I can run the flex PVC inside the existing lines (snake it through) so I don't have to go through the above process. In essence, it would be like putting a chimney liner in a chimney. Has anyone ever done something like this or can it be done?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”