Add more clarifier or not?

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
sportsmom216

Postby sportsmom216 » Tue 24 May, 2011 08:47

I had blue cloudy water and added clarifier. I ran the filter for several hours and then turned it off overnight. I got up this morning and I can see stuff at the bottom of the pool that needs to be vacuumed which is what I was expecting and hoping for but the water is still blue and cloudy. Question: Do I add more clarifier? Do I not add more and just wait for it to work some more? Not sure what to do here.

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Tue 24 May, 2011 10:52

See the response in this thread where you also posted. Do not add more clarifier. If you see stuff near the bottom, then that is what normally happens with a flocculant. You would turn the pump off, let things settle, then carefully vacuum-to-waste. Then follow the instructions I wrote in the other thread.
sportsmom
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32, 24,000 gallons, cartridge filter

Postby sportsmom » Tue 24 May, 2011 11:19

Read both of the replies and thanks bunches! :thumbup: Am going to head out now and get started. Will repost in a couple days as to how it went.
sportsmom
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32, 24,000 gallons, cartridge filter

Postby sportsmom » Wed 25 May, 2011 14:57

I decided to run the pump 24/7 and it is working. I have found out that this taking a lot of work, patience and chlorine. I am short on patience but working on it. :thumbup: The good news is...the cloudiness is starting to disappear. WoooHooo! Will need to vacuum as soon as I can see the bottom on the deep end. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”