cloudy green water

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
morzh
I'm new here
I'm new here

cloudy green water

Postby morzh » Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:36

:roll:

Hi, I am new here and I have owned a Doughboy 10K gallons above-ground for a year.

This time, end of May, I opened the pool, and due to two squirrels drowning right away, I shocked the water on the spot.

The water turned from emerald-green to clowdy blue (blue is the color of my vinil lining).

The cloudiness persisted. Then I had to interrupt my pool care for a while, and the green algae grew again.

This time I adjusted alcalinitgy and Ph (the pool store I go to confirmed it was right smack in the middle of the required range), and shocked it again.

The wated clowdy-colorless again, and I added the clarifier (polymer coagulant).

The water cleared up a bit and I could see patches of algae on the bottom.

I probably should've vacuumed this but I made a mistake and added algaecide, and brushed the patches off the walls and the bottom, and did another shock.

Now the water is clody-green; the filter cloggs in an hour after backwash and changing the DE. The coagulant does not help.

A store owner said that teh algae is probably dead by now and what I need to do is to get it settled and vacuum.

The bottom line: the PH is 7.4, the alcalinity is 100ppm. The water is cloudy green. The chlorine used for the shock was stabilized. The stabilizer level according to strip-test is OK.

QUestion: What do I do?

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”