TOTALLY STUMPED, NO CHLORINE, GREEN FOAMY POOL

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
MxMom823
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby MxMom823 » Mon 19 Jun, 2006 13:25

18X36 in ground 9 ft depth - We opened 2 weeks ago to a very very dark green pool. I had lost water over the winter to a leak behind the light and the cover fell into the pool along with all of the other debris, leaves, pollen etc. Since then I have cleaned and backwashed at least 3 to 4 times a day, with very little results. I still can not see the bottom of my pool. It is a pale carribean green color (the liner is blue) and the water is a milky hazy color. No matter how much algae bomb I put in. How much shock, how much of anything, no results. I have tested for metals. None present. Something is eating all the chlorine. I have this foam floating at the top of the pool. Its so thick I can scoop it out, but it comes back. I have NEVER seen anything like this. All of my tests SAY my pool is fine, except it needs chlorine, but it does not LOOK fine. It looks terrible. I have been to 4 different pool companies to have my water tested. All tests have come out the same. It shows no chlorine in the pool no matter how much I shock or dump in. In just 5 days I have literally put in 10 gallons of shock and have used at least 10 bags AND filled up the chlorinator with 8 tablets. It shows 0.5parts ONLY on at one of the stores everyone else got no reading. I went out and bought a robot vac for $1000 and had IT running all day. NO CHANGE. I have no idea what to do anymore. I can not get the water clear.

By the way, we had rain all last week, alot of it. And over the weekend it has been really really hot and humid here. 90's and above this weekend and it will stay that way all week.

Can you HELP me. Im about to have 30,000 gallons of water pumped out and just start over. I cant figure it out.

MXMOM
sweetpearad

i have the same problem

Postby sweetpearad » Mon 26 Jun, 2006 13:28

I have spent about 200 in a month trying to get my pool clear. I have great clorine, I have great ph but it is still cloudy. I too have this white filmy stuff that floats on top. I have vaccumed continually thinking that would help but it hasnt any suggestions.
crazyhoops

Postby crazyhoops » Sat 01 Jul, 2006 11:45

I heard using to much algacide can cause foam in a pool.
try lowering the dosage of it if your using any.

Re: i have the same problem

Postby Guest » Sat 01 Jul, 2006 14:08

sweetpearad wrote:I have spent about 200 in a month trying to get my pool clear. I have great clorine, I have great ph but it is still cloudy. I too have this white filmy stuff that floats on top. I have vaccumed continually thinking that would help but it hasnt any suggestions.
Robb

Cloudy Water Algae

Postby Robb » Sat 01 Jul, 2006 14:34

1. Do Not Panic.
2. Get a Leave bagger, and constantly hoover the bottom of the pool, possibly get in and scoop up the leaves.
3. With Algicide, take required amount for pool and put it in a 20l drum and drip algicide in around the return nto the pool so it is distrubuted.
4. Get some GRANULATED Chlorine (HGH HFH is good) throw all around pool, making sure a higher amount goes in to the deep end.
5. Repeat until clear.
It took us 5 days from Green Yuk to Crystal clear water.

Good luck

Robb[/u]

Postby Guest » Sun 09 Jul, 2006 09:40

1. triple shock your pool , i mean nuke it the algae will die turning grey. There is a chemical you put in to clump the dead algae cant think of the name but any pool store will know what it is put it in the night before and wait overnight. in the morning everything will be clumped at the bottom. Next vacume your pool on waste that is a must. We had the same problem last year and for two weeks we fought with our pool after finding out this info we did it and in 3 days our pool was totally back to normal. Go online to calculate the amount of chlorine you need. Don't ask the pool experts at your local pool place they are idiots. Whatever you use to shock your pool triple it. or look up on the internet 3 days to a crystal clear pool. I'm telling you it is foolproof, some work but it will save your pool season
ken101
I'm new here
I'm new here

Don't use cheap algacide.........

Postby ken101 » Sun 09 Jul, 2006 14:56

Make sure you'r not getting cheap algacide. Like WAL-MART or KMART brands they may cost less but will cause foaming. But a easy fix look for air leaks i had a real bad foaming last year. Come to find out a seal on the pool pump was bad. $2.25 and about 10min and the foaming stopped. [/i][/b]
Karen

Postby Karen » Wed 14 Apr, 2010 09:01

I have the foam and the hazy green water, too, but do not understand how to check for air links. Can you explain. I have an above ground pool. Thanks
Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 08:26

Have you checked the water chemistry aside from trying to deal with the foaming problem? As far as air leaks, inspect the seals in your filter pump. If they are worn, brittle or torn, replace them.
Joey2fly

Postby Joey2fly » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 21:59

First of all yur getn no chlorine reading bcuz u most likely have no stabalizer and the algae is eating it up also. U need to go out n buy... 1qt Super Blue Clarifyer, 1qt Algae 60, 1qt Algae 1000, 1qt Sequa Sol, 1 10lb bucket stabalizer, and a 25lb bucket of Pro Shock! Start by backwashing real good till u c almost clear water in yur drain then go to rinse n rinse good! THEN now is wen u add ur chems! Add 15lbs shock all the qts( super blue, and algaes and sequa) and feed 5lbs of stabalizer in yur skimmer!! Don't backwash for 24 hours. Next day test n add more shock as needed should b clear in 5days!!!

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”