New Pool Owner!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Nadie

New Pool Owner!

Postby Nadie » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 20:06

Hi Im Nadine, I just bought a Intex 15ft. x 48 inch metal frame above ground pool from Walmart for my grandkids. I need some help getting the water right. The day I filled it up I added a gallon of clorox to the water. The next day I bought Clorine tabs and something called Shock Plus. I added a 1/4 of a 3 inch Chlorine Tab and the 1 pound bag of shock plus and turned the pump on for 5 to 6 hours while the kids swam. After they went home i tested the water with the test strip and it reads it is very low on chlorine and bromine,Ph is low, Total Alkalinity is very low, and Stabalizer is very low. Also it reads that the Total Hardness is very low. What is Total hardness and if I use Chlorine do I still need to use Bromine? Any help will be so appreciated! I really want to keep the pool nice and clean for my grandkids. They really enjoy the pool so much. Thank you :)

Nadine
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I just bought our first pool. It is a above ground Intex 15'x48" metal frame pool from Walmart that i know nothing about keeping it up. Hopefully I can find the help I need here!
Thanks Nadine :)

New Pool Owner!

Postby Nadine » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:04

Okay, so I have had 11 views is there anyone that can help me? Do you need more info or what? I need some help please and if you know what I need to do I really could use your help!

I am hearimg about Clorox, baking soda, and borax t6o keep the pool clean. Is there anything to this and how much of each do I use for a 15 ft. x 48 inch pool!

Need Help Please.....I have grandchildren to entertain all summer!!!

Thanks

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”