New Pool Owner has Hole in Liner that needs fixing

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
jayryght
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 40X25 Hexagon shape. About 20 yrs old; just moved in. Needs A LOT of work.

Postby jayryght » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 20:09

Hello, I just moved into a house and inherited a pool. After I opened the winter cover I noticed that I actually inherited a swamp with a big tear in the pool's liner. My pool is a 40 X 25 Hexagon shape and the tear is in the corner of the pool. The tear is about 14 inches on one side and about 8 inches on the other. There is a picture attached. Could anyone please advise on how to repair it. Any comment is welcome other than "you need a new liner" :). I'm looking more for a one season patch job :). RSVP.
Attachments
P1060748b.jpg
pool liner
P1060748b.jpg (24.08 KiB) Viewed 1585 times

thepoolzone
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: My pool is 18 X 36 inground, vinyl. I have a sand filter that I recently replaced with glass media. Sparkling clear and about 80 degrees today!

Postby thepoolzone » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 22:53

Wow, that sucks!

If you want to "patch" this, I would say you would have to get a large piece of liner and use a patch kit or the underwater liner adhesive to attach the piece of liner that you use as the patch.

You may have to replace/repair this thoughout the season if you don't get a good fit. Don't pull the patch too tight, you'll need it to have some "give" for when the water is filled higher.

Good luck and enjoy the pool!
The Pool Girl!
www.thepoolzone.com

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”