Help?

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
zavala8
I'm new here
I'm new here

Help?

Postby zavala8 » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 14:10

I have been trying to clear up a milky looking pool for days now. I have been using the HTH 6 way test kit.My pool wont keep a chlorine level.
I went a bought the HTH test kit and getting a level of TA at 260.I was adding the stuff I was told to add to bring the level down.It was not working I was just getting a higher level every time I tested.So I decited to take a sample of water to the pool store and their test shows my TA level to be low not high like the HTH test.Here is the pool store test results

FC 0.8
TC 0.8
CC 0.0
PH 7.0
TH 210
TA 80
CYA 35

The store told me my TA was low and to add Balance Pak 100 so I added it as they said to.They also said My pool needed chlorine so I have been adding bleach everyday.The bleach goes very low a few hours after I put it.

Well I just tested again with my HTH test and now it shows my TA level 400. Count drops a multiply by 10. So my qiestion is what test should I go by the HTH or the pool store?

I rigged my water input on the pool like a waterfall and that has brought my PH level up to 7.5.

RJ251
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 50,000 Salt Water Swimming Pool. Fully tiled with solar heating, in floor cleaning system, sand filter and built in 2010.

Help?

Postby RJ251 » Sat 18 Jun, 2011 19:27

Ordinarily the testing equipment the pool outlet uses is more sophisticated and more accurate than take home kits... BUT... I suggest you take another sample and ask them to re test this. You may want to take the sample to another outlet to see if the results match yours or the stores. Once we know the exact results we can then help in treating the cloudy water. Regardless, if you cannot see the bottom you will need to add a fast acting floc which will settle all the particle matter to the floor of the pool then you will need to vacuum to waste. If the waste option is not possible we can recommend a strong Clarifier.

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”