What size pump and filter- sand

Problems relating to the Pool Help Forum website and general forum help.
Suggestions and criticisms that would improve your web experience.
mr&mrsb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: quick set 18'x48" stock filter

Postby mr&mrsb » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 14:35

hello new pool owner and new to the site as well, We bought a summer escapes brand 18'x48" ring pool at the beginning of June, got everything set up and running but struggled with the chemicals and the pump didnt seem to do a very good job at keeping the pool clean, decided to drain the pool ( to our kids dismay lol) to get the ground more level (2" difference from one side to the other) after some research have also decided to upgrade to a sand filter system (coal trains pass behind our house, and i hate those paper filters for pools or vaccum cleaners either one lol) my question is I currently have a rp 1,000 pump that came with the pool, from what I found out it pumps 1,075 gallons per hour but im looking for a recomendation on how big a pump i need, and hp is like speaking latin to me its better to know in gph unless u can explain the equation of hp to gph any help would be hugely appreciated!!!

rickthespaguy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby rickthespaguy » Thu 10 Nov, 2011 16:39

Hello,

This link will take you to the Hayward pool parts converter page. You cannot convert from HP to GPM very easily as there are too many variables with every different pump out there but this page will let you figure out what you need based on pool size and run times so I think it will help with your decision. Hope this helps you. :D
http://www.haywardnet.com/pdfs/Pump_filter_sizing.pdf

Return to “Problems & Suggestions for this Forum”