swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
mark911
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' 52" round above ground

Shorted myself with sand on ag pool am I ok

Postby mark911 » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 10:50

Building 27' 52" round pool and dont have enough sand :( Instructions called for 2" sand which I have with 1' paver under each post flush with top of ground. I missed the part of burying the paver so now pool wall and track up bolted 1" too high leaving only 1'of compacted sand in pool. To add now would have to dump outside and shovel in(too much work). Two questions with cove can I leave as is and will j-hook liner stretch that extra inch??? Thank you

kiwipool

Shorted myself with sand on ag pool am I ok

Postby kiwipool » Sat 30 Jul, 2011 06:41

I have nt a clue what instructions you are reading about sand and paver`s under the liner of your pool.

Firstly the Liner needs to be Hung about 70- 100mm of the bottom so you can remove all the creases of the bottom.

Re your sand you need just sand and adding cement to it is the best option and using a trowel to finish it. at least 50mm thick.

After you have done this hang the liner then use a vacuum cleaner to suck out all the creases but winter is not a good time for this because the vinyl liner in the cold is hard to work with.

My summing up is you are out of your depth go and see them a Paramount Pools and get a set of instructions.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”