What is what with pool equipment

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
frustratedinNC
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 8-9 feet deep, around 20,000 gallons, sand filter, vinyl liner

Postby frustratedinNC » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 21:12

I am taking care of my father's pool and I don't know one thing from another. I know the pump, I know how to shut it on and off. I know how to vacuum. I know how to check if the sand is bad. What I don't know is how to check if a line (or pipe) is blocked. I don't know why it won't vacuum to waste (no suction). I read these forums and the terms being used may as well be in Japanese. There are two skimmers and one has suction, the other doesn't...the one with suction only "suctions" in regular filter mode, not in waste mode. When I take out the basket on the one without suction, there is a round side and square side. The square side has sand in it...is it supposed to? My other skimmer isn't like this. Is that supposed to? There is no one to ask about this pool because the person who built it is not around anymore. So, question: Is there a website that shows PICTURES of what things are? I'm a visual person. Thanks for any help you can give me!!! I'm trying to clear up this cloudy water and I want to know what I'm doing. :?

cpo2go
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 27,000 gal, pebble tec, all Pentair equipment; DE filter, 3/4 hp, 400k heater, Poolvergnuegen 4x Pool Cleaner

Postby cpo2go » Wed 27 Jul, 2011 22:55

Is the front hole of the skimmer without suction the one full of sand, I assume? There could be many things going on here...It takes time to figure out and even more time when you're "working in the dark", so to speak. Could you either post some pictures of your equipment or email them to me?
http://www.cpo2go.com
Pool and Spa Water Care Simplified.
Easy to use, fast results.
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 14:41

cpo2go wrote:Is the front hole of the skimmer without suction the one full of sand, I assume? There could be many things going on here...It takes time to figure out and even more time when you're "working in the dark", so to speak. Could you either post some pictures of your equipment or email them to me?

why would he email them directly to you? This is a pool forum, which everyone is supposed to help so as to avoid having a single person give bad advise, which is worse than no advise. Also, if someone else would like to see the answer in the future, how will they see them in your inbox?
cpo2go
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 27,000 gal, pebble tec, all Pentair equipment; DE filter, 3/4 hp, 400k heater, Poolvergnuegen 4x Pool Cleaner

Postby cpo2go » Thu 18 Aug, 2011 15:17

Some people have expressed difficulties posting pictures. I'm trying to simplify the process.
http://www.cpo2go.com
Pool and Spa Water Care Simplified.
Easy to use, fast results.

Postby Guest » Fri 19 Aug, 2011 01:30

Only members can post pictures on these forums.
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Mon 22 Aug, 2011 19:59

Pool User wrote:Only members can post pictures on these forums.

you can upload the images to an upload site and paste the link here. Or sign up to become a member so you receive an email when we respond anyway.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”