Cloudy Green Pool

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
shell1969
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18,000 gallon above ground, hayward sandfilter

Cloudy Green Pool

Postby shell1969 » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 13:02

I have read the forums and just thought I would post my test results and see what you guys thought. We have been trying to clear our pool for about a month. Everytime we think it's starting to work, it gets to the same point and will clear no further. It is no longer swamp green and we have had it tested about 5 times at the local pool store. The lastest test was yesterday and very little change so far. We have an 18,000 gallon above ground with a hayward sandfilter. I am at my wits end with this pool. We have had it for 11 years and never had anything that would not clear after a few days. It is 4.5 ft deep and you can't see the bottom. I am about to give up and cancel our pool party that we were going to have on July 2nd and tear this pool down! LOL Really!

The test results:
FC-.83
TC-1.54
CC-.71
TA-93
PH-6.8
CH-227
CYA-227
Copper-0
Iron-0
Total dissolved solids-500
Saturated Index -1

Based on this we wer told to add 2.75lbs of PH Plus, 2.25 lbs of turbo shock and add some super algebomb. It is a tiny bit less green, I think. The water looks clean, no clumps of algea or anything floating, Just cloudy green color. It has been almost 24 hours. THanks for any help, I am at a loss and the money I have spent has drained my pockets...

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Cloudy Green Pool

Postby chem geek » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 14:37

Your chlorine level is too low and you should add chlorinating liquid or bleach, but ultimately you'll have to dilute your water to lower the CYA level, assuming these measurements are correct. You should really get your own good test kit, either the Taylor K-2006 or the TFTestkits TF-100 with the latter kit having much more volume of reagents that you use the most.

Read Defeating Algae.
shell1969
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18,000 gallon above ground, hayward sandfilter

Cloudy Green Pool

Postby shell1969 » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 15:22

I just saw where I put the wrong total for CYA....it is actually 21...Guess I should have read what I posted. The results were from our local pool store yesterday.

Thank you!

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”