Intex pool

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
poncho62
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex above ground

Intex pool

Postby poncho62 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 08:03

Hi all...new here

I have had a 15x48" Intex pool for a couple of years now. I just upgraded from the cheapo filter to an Intex sand filter, holds 50# of sand.....All seems well, but the instructions tell me to only run the filter for 2 to 4 hrs per day. I always ran the old filter most of the day. I figured that keeping the water circulating was the best thing to do.

Any thoughts on this?

poncho62
I'm new here
I'm new here

Intex pool

Postby poncho62 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 08:11

Oh...and another question

I was using a skimmer with the old filter, should I use the skimmer with the new one. I generally keep a cover on the pool, so leaves and stuff are not a big concern. I dont like this skimmer much, as it keeps rising out of the pool and sucking air instead of water. Thing is, the skimmer is where I add my chemicals, which brings up another question........Is the chemicals going through the sand filter going to affect anything, or should I put it on circulate for w while when adding chemicals?
3dYRPOOLOWNER
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex 15Ft Across 48in high metal frame pool.. i have the pump that it came with it...

Intex pool

Postby 3dYRPOOLOWNER » Sat 02 Jul, 2011 15:33

Hi i have the same pool as you and i was lookin to buy one of the sand filter pumps and im trying to find reviews and id rather listen to real people reviews VS Amazon.. please let me know how your pump works. Thanks. and my Aunt has a bigger pool and she has the sand filter/pump and she only runs hers 3-5days and only for 4-6hours..??
poncho62
I'm new here
I'm new here

Intex pool

Postby poncho62 » Mon 04 Jul, 2011 06:04

3dYRPOOLOWNER wrote:Hi i have the same pool as you and i was lookin to buy one of the sand filter pumps and im trying to find reviews and id rather listen to real people reviews VS Amazon.. please let me know how your pump works. Thanks. and my Aunt has a bigger pool and she has the sand filter/pump and she only runs hers 3-5days and only for 4-6hours..??

Been running the filter for 2 hrs a day....pool has never been cleaner....its great, should have done this before.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”