Ph Probe Problem

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
Sels
I'm new here
I'm new here

Ph Probe Problem

Postby Sels » Sun 26 Jun, 2011 04:25

Hi
I have an in ground pool with a Poolsquad salt system. Everything has worked great until this week. The low PH alarm was displayed on the Poolsquad with a reading of 5.7. I tested the pool manualy it read 7.6. I thought that the Ph probe may need to be recalibrated. So I followed the manufactures instructions with some Ph 7.01 buffer solution. The problem remained. I then collected some of the pool water in a glass and tested it with the probe in the glass. The display on the Poolsquad read 7.6. I then cleaned all the filters and bypassed the sand filter, put the probe back but it still reads 5.7. I can't understand how the same probe can get the widely differing readings just by puuting it back in place. Please help.

MichaelHeindorff
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12mx4m in ground concrete, approx 77m3 Saltwater pool, Monarch Promatic Chlorinator Cell, Emec Acid Dosing Pump, Prefilter, Main Sandfilter, Mosaic tiles, Rasolastic, Sky Colours Epoxy grouting.

Ph Probe Problem

Postby MichaelHeindorff » Mon 26 Sep, 2011 22:56

What you describe is also happening in my poolroom, except that I can't test for as low a pH value as you
and I use a Monarch ESC 24 Promatic Chlorinator Cell for the Saltwater pool.

I've been pouring hydrochloric acid into the pool once every two days; about 1 liter diluted in 4-5 liters of water.
That helps to regulate the pH level that is otherwise unlikely to be stable.

There might be a rare defect on the acid pump dosing control panel. Your acid pump supplier should be able to
tell you where you can have the acid dosing pump serviced.

That is when I get around to addressing the problem.
Michael
MichaelHeindorff
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12mx4m in ground concrete, approx 77m3 Saltwater pool, Monarch Promatic Chlorinator Cell, Emec Acid Dosing Pump, Prefilter, Main Sandfilter, Mosaic tiles, Rasolastic, Sky Colours Epoxy grouting.

Ph Probe Problem

Postby MichaelHeindorff » Mon 26 Sep, 2011 22:58

What you describe is also happening in my poolroom, except that I can't test for as low a pH value as you
and I use a Monarch ESC 24 Promatic Chlorinator Cell for the Saltwater pool.

I've been pouring hydrochloric acid into the pool once every two days; about 1 liter diluted in 4-5 liters of water.
That helps to regulate the pH level that is otherwise unlikely to be stable.

There might be a rare defect on the acid pump dosing control panel. Your acid pump supplier should be able to
tell you where you can have the acid dosing pump serviced.

That is when I get around to addressing the problem.
Michael

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”