Stuff on pool ladder

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
wilbanks
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 X 30 above

Stuff on pool ladder

Postby wilbanks » Sun 10 Jul, 2011 14:21

[code][/code]
I am using chlorine and have deposits on some sort on the pool ladder. Almost like calcium deposits that i small and sharp. My ph is low and cya is also low. Also, what is the baking soda used for?
thanks,

andrrewdamien
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Stuff on pool ladder

Postby andrrewdamien » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 08:31

wilbanks wrote:[code][/code]
I am using chlorine and have deposits on some sort on the pool ladder. Almost like calcium deposits that i small and sharp. My ph is low and cya is also low. Also, what is the baking soda used for?
thanks,

First, prevent the inexpensive products. Sure, everyone prefers to preserve a money when and where they can. That's sensible considering. However, this is not plenty of time to allow your austerity to guideline your selection. This is a scenario in which excellent beats economic climate.
paint marker
TSH Tech

Stuff on pool ladder

Postby TSH Tech » Tue 12 Jun, 2012 03:24

Your water is too acidic. Depending on your pool gallon size, you will need to add a few pounds of Sodium Bicarbonate(baking soda) to brink your Total Alkalinity up to normal levels.

What is baking soda used for? In layman's terms, your pool has heartburn. When people jump in the pool to enjoy themselves, the body releases oils and sweat which are acidic on the Ph scale. More people in the pool over time begins to compound the acidic level in the pool. That's where the baking soda comes into play, it helps swat down that acid level from creeping up and throwing your water chemistry off balance.
Weekly - check Chlorine, Ph and Total Alkalinity
Monthly - check everything; cyanuric acid, water hardness, phosphates,

~~

My pool company cleans and repairs swimming pools of foreclosed homes, one of the tell-tale signs of an average D-I-Y pool owner are those barnacle-like/sharp calcium deposits covering pool surfaces, pool lights, pool sweeps, the pool sweep hose... EVERYTHING is covered in deposits. The culprit? Pool owners not checking their total alkalinity over the course of years.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”