H E L P! No pressure when vacuuming!

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
Zhannet*

Postby Zhannet* » Tue 12 Jul, 2011 15:06

H E L P ! ! ! ! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
This is my first year taking care of my family's pool.
For the first time, one week ago, I cleaned my pool and everything worked perfect. Now, I have to clean my pool again, but pressure goes to zero and the water sunction is EXTREMLY low whenever I connect the hose to the skimmer. I know I do everything appropriately and chemicals are fine too. Then, what's the problem? And how to solve it? (P.S. otherwise, the pool works at 20 psi when the vacuuming hose is not connected :crazy: )
:eh: :eh: :eh:
PLEASE< NEED HELP NOW> PLEASE!

cpo2go
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 27,000 gal, pebble tec, all Pentair equipment; DE filter, 3/4 hp, 400k heater, Poolvergnuegen 4x Pool Cleaner

Postby cpo2go » Wed 27 Jul, 2011 16:18

Pressure is on the high side so cleaning or backwashing the filter would be a good idea.
That wouldn't explain the pressure dropping when hose is connected, however. Is there a diverter in the skimmer? You would be able to tell if the hose slides over a fitting or goes into the hole in your skimmer. If it slides over, that's the diverter. try twisting it so that more suction is directed to the hose.
Also make sure your pump basket is cleaned before you try to vacuum.
http://www.cpo2go.com
Pool and Spa Water Care Simplified.
Easy to use, fast results.
Sgb
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Sgb » Wed 09 May, 2012 11:07

Also, make sure your vacuum hoses are in excellent condition. Even the slightest hole can effect the pressure. I had this problem too and I bought new hoses....I was back in business.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”