which is expensive in gen. wall mounted skimmer or automated

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
mikelui
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Plannig to build an inground pool at our property.
and i wanna be the gen.contractor to save money. size would be 300 sq.meter.
5 ft. deep , hayward swimclear cartridge filter C5030.
pump 3 HP Hayward Super II Pump SP3025X30AZ...
now the people that i have consulted told me that the size of the pool that
i'm running is gonna need to have 2 pump 1.5 hp each and also 2 pool filters
for each pump.... now i would like to ask if it is o.k to get a 3hp pump and
attach to filters on in too save money.. my idea is that, when the pump sucks
water from the pool. the pump will directly distributed the water evenly to both
of the filter.. it's like the volume of water that the pump is pumping to the filter
would be separated like a y shape coupling. so the water will have different direction
going to each filter.. would that be possible..?
anyone can give advice. you can email me at jam_lui_6@yahoo.com
or just post your answer on this blog

Postby mikelui » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 06:56

i wanna ask if , what is more expensive in general using an old fashion pool skimmer which is mounted on a wall or purchasing an automatic skimmer like those solar powered ones .?
i'd like to ask for an advice from you people.. the concept that i have is that, when using a wall mounted skimmer for in ground pool will cost more because of:
1. labor
2. purchasing of skimmer 4 pcs.
3. piping and fittings
4. installation in an inground pool will be labourious
therefore increasing the pool labor by the builders
5. would add more load for the pool pump
Now i'm not an expert on pool thats why i'm asking... will it work ..?
do you think it's o.k. not to install wall mounted skimmer ? if i' gonna use the automated skimmer..
the pool size would be around 300 sq.meter and 5ft. deep

hope that you can give me an advice .. i'm very much looking forward.

TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Mon 18 Jul, 2011 18:01

Solar power skimmers do not have a very long life and are unreliable after time. There are moving parts that break, electrical connections that eventually fail. If you do not mind skimming the top of the pool with a net, you will save some money.

You do not necessarily have to have a skimmer in a pool. It's a nice convenience, but you do not have to have one. Plumb a channel floor drain and instead of 4 skimmers, use 4 side-wall drains in your pool. The side wall drains you mount so it is underwater, but on the side of the pool. As a safety precaution, please use anti-Entrapment floor drains. You mentioned that you are using a 3HP pool pump, that is powerful enough to suck, and trap a small child or adult to the drain. Very dangerous. Use Anti-Entrapment channel floor drains(32"); example
http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsupp ... AV107.htm/

Anti-entrapment example for side wall(10'):
http://wetheadmedia.com/the-top-aquasta ... in-covers/

The purpose for having more than one suction drain is to spread out the water intake to the pump, so that all of the suction is not at 1 drain and so powerful that an accidental drowning may occur if somebody gets stuck. You want your pool to be fun and enjoyable, not a place of danger.

(Note, I have never bought from these websites, so I do not endorse them, I am only using them to illustrate the proper anti-entrapment floor and side-wall drains)
mikelui
I'm new here
I'm new here
water from the pool. the pump will directly distributed the water evenly to both
of the filter.. it's like the volume of water that the pump is pumping to the filter
would be separated like a y shape coupling. so the water will have different direction

Postby mikelui » Tue 19 Jul, 2011 01:45

thank you so much. that did not went in to my mind that it could suck someone... actually the pool that i will be making is for business purpose & leisure thats why i made it a little big so that it can accomodate 15 people or more at the same time... is there any trusted website you can provide that personally had made an order and will most likely ship the product here from the philppines.. cause i would like to compare prices in order to save money... again thank you
TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Tue 19 Jul, 2011 02:55

Again, I haven't bought from this supplier, but these prices are the best I've seen for this manufacture of floor drains.
http://www.inyopools.com/miscellaneous_main_drains.aspx
As for shipping to Philippines, all you can do is ask them if they ship international.

Philippines Suppliers

Observe the wording on the product descriptions, since you are building a pool, you need both sump bucket & cover. And for the floor drain, you need the 3 port sump & cover. Also note the color of the product and size of pvc pipe that connects to the sump bucket.
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Tue 19 Jul, 2011 07:40

For the the pool with 5 times the size of a regular residential swimming pool you might want to consider thinking out of the box.
The problem is, you doing it on the wrong platform.
This pool will contain around 104 000 gallons and being shallow the chlorine loss will be larger than a deeper pool.
You need a professional approach based on the efficiency of a system designed specifically to this pool.
Believe me, some rinky dinky floaters/skimmers are not a part of professional design.
You may need up to 4 classic skimmers placed in a manner that will unable them to collect the top debris every time it goes by, which means the fresh water inlets will not rush the debris by skimmer flap opening.
Also consider prevailing winds in summer and winter, which tends to gather all debris in a certain side of the pool!
I will not comment on the size an number of pumps, it is above my pay grade, I speak only from experience and your pool is not an ordinary one.
The only thing I would say is, that to accomodate 15 people comfortably in the water you do not really need 2800 sq feet of surface.
Good luck!
mikelui
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mikelui » Tue 19 Jul, 2011 23:41

TSH Tech wrote:Again, I haven't bought from this supplier, but these prices are the best I've seen for this manufacture of floor drains.
http://www.inyopools.com/miscellaneous_main_drains.aspx
As for shipping to Philippines, all you can do is ask them if they ship international.

Philippines Suppliers

Observe the wording on the product descriptions, since you are building a pool, you need both sump bucket & cover. And for the floor drain, you need the 3 port sump & cover. Also note the color of the product and size of pvc pipe that connects to the sump bucket.

thank you so much i'm actually looking at their website as we speak..
mikelui
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mikelui » Wed 20 Jul, 2011 00:22

czechmate wrote:For the the pool with 5 times the size of a regular residential swimming pool you might want to consider thinking out of the box.
The problem is, you doing it on the wrong platform.
This pool will contain around 104 000 gallons and being shallow the chlorine loss will be larger than a deeper pool.
You need a professional approach based on the efficiency of a system designed specifically to this pool.
Believe me, some rinky dinky floaters/skimmers are not a part of professional design.
You may need up to 4 classic skimmers placed in a manner that will unable them to collect the top debris every time it goes by, which means the fresh water inlets will not rush the debris by skimmer flap opening.
Also consider prevailing winds in summer and winter, which tends to gather all debris in a certain side of the pool!
I will not comment on the size an number of pumps, it is above my pay grade, I speak only from experience and your pool is not an ordinary one.
The only thing I would say is, that to accomodate 15 people comfortably in the water you do not really need 2800 sq feet of surface.
Good luck!

czechmate ..thank you also. i was wondering about what you said that if the pool is shallow. their is much bigger loss of chlorine in the water..? i hope its not much, but can you explain it on a lay mans term coz i'm not really familliar on how it will work.. is it because of water evaporation..? or else..? and regarding about the automated skimmer.. i was also hesitating on that one thats why i was really in for a research.. people in where i leave is really addicts to pools believe me in where i leave the south part of the philippines.. people will come to pools by trucks. those 10 wheeler dump trucks , light trucks by hundreds especially those people who leave in rural areas. coz if they would choose to go to a beach it's gonna take them 3 hours to reach the area so they opt out in choosing pools .. i leave in the city thats were our property is located. a canadian does own a small in land resort about a kilometer from my area and as what i've seen it's doing well even though his propety is small.. i want my pool to be clean not like other pools here. they have as big as 500 sq. meter pool and it's using a 3/4 hp pool pump , no skimmer , no chlorine and the filter is a sand filter it's very small .. and if your gonna look at the quality of the water it's already merky... we dont have much law regarding pool quality in where i am.. as long as you have a life guard you can run your business ..i think that the only requirement to run a pool.. thats why i want mine to be different.. if your gonna go around the entire city all pools here doesnt have skimmer all of them are commercial pool just main drain basically.. the pool size are big the filtration system i'm very optimistic that it could filter all the water in the pool within 8 or 10 hrs.. anyways hope i can get more in formation from you... coz if i'm gonna get a pool builder it would cause me around 3 million peso to built this size of pool.. compared to me acting as a gen.contractor on the project it will just cause me around 600 thousand.. still it's a very big amount of money but i know i will save a huge sum.. a local pool builder here already provided me a quote .. i was stunned when they provided me the amount 3 million....! i was like about to jump off the roof.. anyways again thank you.. i'll look forward that you might be able to give advice that will certainly be helpful
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby czechmate » Wed 20 Jul, 2011 08:05

Surface exposure to sun and temperature of water drastically contribute to a chlorine loss.
Your pool has extensive surface and being shallow, you will not get the benefit of cooling overnight from the deep, where the concrete is transfering some of the earth cooler temperature.
All you probably need is 20 x 40 ft specially if you will try to do the general.
It is plenty to take care of later.
mikelui
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mikelui » Tue 26 Jul, 2011 03:01

czechmate wrote:Surface exposure to sun and temperature of water drastically contribute to a chlorine loss.
Your pool has extensive surface and being shallow, you will not get the benefit of cooling overnight from the deep, where the concrete is transfering some of the earth cooler temperature.
All you probably need is 20 x 40 ft specially if you will try to do the general.
It is plenty to take care of later.

czechmate tried to PM you dont know if you got it.. so decided to post it.. in your opinion what type of pump am i gonna need to use with that size of pool and also the type of cartridge filter.. coz something came to my mind the hayward super ii 3hp pumps out put is around 72,000 GPM .. and you mentioned the pool will contain 104,ooo . if your gonna subtract it you willl have some 23,000 still left unfiltered so just want to get your.. birds eye view on things.. thnx..
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby czechmate » Tue 26 Jul, 2011 08:37

Well you gonna need a pool expert locally, to design and recommend best options.
I am not a pool builder and have no idea what is now on the market in different hemosfere.
I was giving you just an idea what you may be facing late,r if you go to far one way.
That applies anywhere.
Unless you do not care about the maintenance and chemical cost get a pro locally to guide your project.
Good luck!
dabbstaylor
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dabbstaylor » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 23:07

I have heard a lot about solar panels and I want to know how these solar panels works and it is really possible to generate electricity using solar panels.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”