Cloudy Pool

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
rattie1010
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 21 foot round above ground, sand filter, 2 years old.

Cloudy Pool

Postby rattie1010 » Thu 28 Jul, 2011 13:42

When I opened my pool I have had crystal clear water until I had a party and a bunch of people in the pool. Ishocked the pool and it got worst. I was unable to run it more than 4 hours a day for 2 days and then it got worse. I took a water sample in and was told I had high PH and metals and my Chlorine has been good through out this whole process. I put in the PH reducer and the metal remover and it has not gotten any better. they say my metals are on the high side still and my PH went from 8.4 to 8.0. I was told to put in a clarifier and I did that still cloudy. I am now wondering if I should do a muratic acid until it gets clear....HELPPPP Please!!!!!

cpo2go
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 27,000 gal, pebble tec, all Pentair equipment; DE filter, 3/4 hp, 400k heater, Poolvergnuegen 4x Pool Cleaner

Cloudy Pool

Postby cpo2go » Wed 10 Aug, 2011 18:56

Use acid to get your pH down to between 7.2-7.8. Ideally, 7.5. That will allow your chlorine to work better. Continue to remover the metals if they are still high. Run the pump 24/7 until water clears up, backwashing as needed. Remember to always check and correct your chemistry after backwashing due to water loss.
http://www.cpo2go.com
Pool and Spa Water Care Simplified.
Easy to use, fast results.
Dan'l

Cloudy Pool

Postby Dan'l » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 23:37

If you have crystal clear water until swimmers get in the pool, very likely you have a lot of debris or fallout on the bottom of the pool. You need to VACUUM! . . . very slowly and carefully, so as not to stir up the fine, bleached out particles on the bottom. DO NOT vacuum to the filters . . . DO NOT use an automatic vacuum. . . vacuum to waste manually. Vacuum up to twice a day until the water clears up.
rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Cloudy Pool

Postby rosalind » Fri 01 Jun, 2012 00:57

rattie1010 wrote:When I opened my pool I have had crystal clear water until I had a party and a bunch of people in the pool. Ishocked the pool and it got worst. I was unable to run it more than 4 hours a day for 2 days and then it got worse. I took a water sample in and was told I had high PH and metals and my Chlorine has been good through out this whole process. I put in the PH reducer and the metal remover and it has not gotten any better. they say my metals are on the high side still and my PH went from 8.4 to 8.0. I was told to put in a clarifier and I did that still cloudy. I am now wondering if I should do a muratic acid until it gets clear....HELPPPP Please!!!!!

You have to add it into the filter via the drain fitting in the side of the pool, or if you have a skimmer you can refuse it directly into the skimmer. Avoid using it too much or it will entirely clog the filter. You have to see the return line to ensure it is returning water to the pool. If it halt or extremely detain you have to turn off the pump and clean or compensate the cartridge.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”