Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Curatolo Pools
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Pool tile plastic molding

Postby Curatolo Pools » Mon 03 Oct, 2011 21:11

Somewhere a village is missing it's idiot..

WOP

Postby WOP » Tue 04 Oct, 2011 17:16

You are right. They miss him in Long Island, N.Y. ever since 1980, when he moved to Port Richey, Florida.
Robby

Postby Robby » Thu 12 Jan, 2012 16:16

worahm wrote:I am trying find a source for the plasitc molding that runs along the upper edge of the water line tile around my pool. The plastic forms a cavity for the top edge of the tile to fit in and provides a finish look between the lower edge of the pool deck and the top edge of the tile. Bill

Bill,

I have the same problem. Did you get any other information? The plastic on my pool just has small pieces missing here and there. If I could find a place to buy the plastic, I was going to just try and glue a new piece all around the pool to cover up the missing chips.

Robby
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Thu 12 Jan, 2012 18:54

The plastic strip is imbeded in the concrete during the pour of the cantilever deck.
It provides finishing look. The purpose is pure cosmetics. It cannot be replaced, and it would not match colorwise anyway. You can either live with it, remove it all, or re-tile and grout to the coping.
I know it sucks, but those are the option pretty much.
Pool Diva
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14x33 inground with cantilever deck.

Re: Pool tile plastic molding

Postby Pool Diva » Mon 12 Apr, 2021 22:16

There is a product manufactured by Stegmeier called a Renovation Tile Strip on page 41 of their online catalog. I believe this may have been what you were searching for. I realize this is an old thread but it may be helpful to anyone searching for a solution today.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”