Noise barrier for heat pump

Problems relating to the Pool Help Forum website and general forum help.
Suggestions and criticisms that would improve your web experience.
martin

Postby martin » Wed 10 Aug, 2011 20:07

Hello experts,

My neighbor is complaining that my Hayward's HeatPro Heat Pump is noisy. The unit is 3years old.

I am looking for a simple way to reduce the noise to make the neighbor happy.

If you were in that situation in the past and were able to fix a similar problem, let me know.

Thank you

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 15:06

martin wrote:Hello experts,

My neighbor is complaining that my Hayward's HeatPro Heat Pump is noisy. The unit is 3years old.

I am looking for a simple way to reduce the noise to make the neighbor happy.

If you were in that situation in the past and were able to fix a similar problem, let me know.

Thank you

You can try replacing....the neighbor! (kidding). Simply placing some shrubbery around the equipment pad to keep the noise level down, or installing a fence should work. Just be sure the heat from your heater will not create a fire hazard!
robi17
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Noise barrier for heat pump

Postby robi17 » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 15:10

Sound-proofing enclosure for a heat pump. The other client used a material in a sound insulation enclosure for an air-source heat pump. Most noise barrier walls residential are usually one to two feet away from the unit and as such, they reflect virtually all sound back in all directions.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 16:11

floridapooltech wrote:

You can try replacing....the neighbor! (kidding). Simply placing some shrubbery around the equipment pad to keep the noise level down, or installing a fence should work. Just be sure the heat from your heater will not create a fire hazard!

Florida pool tech, well for a pool tech you don't seem to know how a heat pump works. heat is transferred not made. all you get from the fan is cold air!! :roll: :wtf:
I think this is a company to avoid for pool info.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 16:53

Any heat pump needs to have a good supply of fresh air to extract the heat from it
It also needs to blow the cold air away sufficiently so as not to suck it back in
A hedge between you and your neighbors property is best

Return to “Problems & Suggestions for this Forum”