Foamy water in Chlorinator

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
jsar
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jsar » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 11:29

I was wondering if someone could tell me why the water in the chlorinator is foamy and a 'waxy' buildup is along the inside of the chlorinator. I am using OMNI swimclear pucks as recommended by the pool supply store, but don't know why the foam is happening??

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 13:54

jsar wrote:I was wondering if someone could tell me why the water in the chlorinator is foamy and a 'waxy' buildup is along the inside of the chlorinator. I am using OMNI swimclear pucks as recommended by the pool supply store, but don't know why the foam is happening??

To start off, those are extremely low quality chlorine tablets. However that is not what is causing your foaming issue. Have you used any types of algaecide in the pool lately? If so, what type (not brand) are you using?
jsar
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jsar » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 14:07

I appreciate your help.....I did have to use an algaecide. I am using a liquid super kill algaecide 40%. Is there something else I should have done? Seems there is a 'waxy' buildup inside my chlorinator as well?
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 14:29

jsar wrote:I appreciate your help.....I did have to use an algaecide. I am using a liquid super kill algaecide 40%. Is there something else I should have done? Seems there is a 'waxy' buildup inside my chlorinator as well?

It is possible that the foaming is caused by organics, sunscreen, minerals or hardness in the water. If your pool is free of algae, try adding a defoamer, this should help!
jsar
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jsar » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 07:16

Thanks so much.....will try this today and see what happens! :D

Return to “Chlorine”