New iPhone Pool Maintenance App

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
zambono
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12ft wide round, above ground
POOL BOY iPhone APP

Postby zambono » Fri 26 Aug, 2011 18:32

Pool Boy Pro, my new iPhone App for Pool owners and professionals has just been approved by Apple. It will be available on Tuesday August 30th and the light version Tuesday the 6th of September. You can view more info on it. It works on both iPhone and iPad.

It does water parameter logging, note taking, graphing, and you can setup many alerts to remind you to do all those tasks. It also has a calculator which you can edit to adjust for your specific product.

Creator of Pool Boy iOS App for iPhone, iPad
http://www.alliatek.com/mobile/poolboy
TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Sat 27 Aug, 2011 02:55

:!: This app is only as good as the data that is put into it.

Wait until you start getting requests from Property Management firms, Corporate Gym clubs, insurance companies and other groups that will want to run polls on the data collected from the iPhones at all of their pool locations to build a database on pool logistics, care and man hour cost per pool. Then the momentum will kick in. An interface will need to be designed, built and implemented to extract/send iPhone data out of Pool Boy Pro to a central database where custom polling parameters can be configured. Remedy software SAP R3 and Oracle compatibility comes to mind, since a many corporate organizations already have Enterprise license agreements.
We haven't even talked about compatibility and license agreements with iPhone apps from Pentair and all the other big names, that will incorporate the data into the app.
:wave: And you thought the average pool owner was going to use this... you can send my 2% residual checks to...(address secured)
:thumbup:
zambono
I'm new here
I'm new here
POOL BOY iPhone APP

Postby zambono » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 06:44

Actually you currently are able to pull the data from the app, and as soon as iOS 5 is readily available my goal will be to have that same data sync via iCloud. Plenty of people will use the app just like they do my other ones, simply because it makes life easier at a fraction of the cost of those enterprise solutions.

App is now live on the Apple App Store, Lite version live in a week.
zambono
I'm new here
I'm new here
POOL BOY iPhone APP

Postby zambono » Fri 02 Sep, 2011 06:20

If anyone encounters bugs or has a language request please don't hesitate to contact me.
zambono
I'm new here
I'm new here
POOL BOY iPhone APP

Postby zambono » Tue 11 Oct, 2011 10:04

update 1.0.1 is now live adding salinity to the tests and fixing some bugs
zambono
I'm new here
I'm new here
POOL BOY iPhone APP

Postby zambono » Sun 29 Jan, 2012 07:33

Pool Boy Pro has been completely revamped with the ability to share pool data via email, facebook, twitter, and the ability to sync many devices. Pool Boy now saves the data to iCloud if you enable it, and you will see the same data on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. itunes.apple.com/us/app/aquaplanner/id454175341?mt=8
jimiz
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jimiz » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 00:58

I looked at the app and it looks interesting. I downloaded the lite version to get a feel for it. One thing that would have been nice to be included is a pool volume caclulator. Just a suggestion.
SqueakyClean
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18' SeaSpray Ponderosa GLX Above-Ground, 1 HP 2-Speed JWP, 125 Sq Ft Pentair CC125 Cartridge Filter, Dedicated 1 HP 2-Speed Sta-Rite Pump for Pair of 4'x20' Solar Bear Panels, Hayward Navigator

Postby SqueakyClean » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 18:02

TSH Tech wrote::!: This app is only as good as the data that is put into it.

This is true of any data input mechanism: "Garbage In. Garbage Out."

As developer of PoolScribe (a rival to Pool Boy Pro), I did my best to prevent the input of garbage mainly by presenting pick lists and otherwise implementing vigourous validation methods.

As a user of PoolScribe, I consider the data acquired as confidential and available only to the customer from which the information was gathered. Even when requested, I will still not devulge the entirety of the data gathered, as I consider it a trade secret (of the pool maintenance business).

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”