Chlorine Generator Problems

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
svoltmer
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' Above Ground Salt Water

Postby svoltmer » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 19:49

We have a new 27' above ground salt water pool using a Hayward aquatrol chlorine generator. All of a sudden our salt levels went from 2700 to 500 in 3 days. Our pool guy said to just keep adding salt till the levels come up, but they never did, by much. 4 1/2 bags later it hasn't budged beyond 1300 and doesn't register salt being added. Only had pool for 2 months. What do we do?

TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 23:36

First, how are you/he/they/whoever, measuring the salt levels? Using the salt generator digital display or testing with salt water test strips?

I ask this question as to see if there is a possibility your salt generator sensors already failed and is giving false information. Which, 2 months into this brand new pool should have covered under warranty.
If the test strips read high or adequate level of salt, then you will know something is not functioning correctly in the salt generator unit.
svoltmer
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' Above Ground Salt Water

Postby svoltmer » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 07:19

Its off the Hayward Chlorinator display. I guess its up to me to go get some test strips since my pool guy is giving me the run-around.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”