Major Pressure and Suction problems

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
GerhardSA
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 50000ltr, rectangle

Postby GerhardSA » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 02:36

Hi Everyone.
I have some serious problems with my filtration/suction/pressure system of my pool
My sand filter and pump is above pool water level.
I put on the pump (without Creepy in) and the water takes a few moments to build up enough suction through the weir.
I then put in the creepy pipe into the weir, and the creepy runs fine for about 10 minutes. After that the suction from the weir just seems to dissipate, however the filter night next to the pump has massive pressure and is filled to the brim with water (seriously high pressure).
It forces me to switch of the pump, which releases the pressure (water spurt from that filter as pressure is released) and then restart the pump again.
The weir then slowly builds up suction power again (about a minute or so), then only can I reinsert the creepy pipe into the weir, which then again will only work for about 5-10 minutes before suction is lost and I have to start over again.
Keep in mind that I just bought the house and basically inherited this problem from the previous owners.

Please help Guys

GerhardSA
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby GerhardSA » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 02:59

come on guys..please...some help...anyone?
mas985
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby mas985 » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 13:32

First, by weir are you refering to the skimmer? The weir is simply the flappy door in the front of the skimmer.

A couple more questions:

Are you connecting the cleaner hose down into the skimmer pipe at the bottom of the skimmer?

Do you prime (completely fill) the cleaner hose with water first?

When you lose suction, do you see air in the pump basket?

What does the filter gauge pressure read without the cleaner and with the cleaner?
Mark
Hydraulics 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Ed 101
18'x36' 20k gallon plaster/gunite pool, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, Solar Panels, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater
GerhardSA
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby GerhardSA » Wed 14 Sep, 2011 00:52

mas985 wrote:First, by weir are you refering to the skimmer? The weir is simply the flappy door in the front of the skimmer.

A couple more questions:

Are you connecting the cleaner hose down into the skimmer pipe at the bottom of the skimmer?

Do you prime (completely fill) the cleaner hose with water first?

When you lose suction, do you see air in the pump basket?

What does the filter gauge pressure read without the cleaner and with the cleaner?

Sorry about the incorrect use of terms...guess that why the call some of us noobs.
1. I put the kreepy's hose into the hole in the skimmer (I assume you are talking about the funnel type plate that connects on top of the filter basket)
2. Yes. no air in the pipes.
3. The pump basket is never completely full, maybe 90%. Although yesterday I had the issue of it being completely full, yet i kept loosing the suction, eventhough the pressure in that basket could not have been far from exploding. i dont know why
4. Um...i havent looked at the pressure gauge yet. Will do that today and report back
THanks for trying to help

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”