Freeing jammed pool accessories

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
jerrysmed1

Postby jerrysmed1 » Sun 18 Sep, 2011 16:05

I am trying to remove a railing on my pool steps, which has not been removed for several years. It appears to be stainless steel, and the mounting grips in the concrete deck appear to be cast aluminum. Is there a lubricant I should try, or are there other suggestions? I have loosened the grip bolts, and tried to tap them down, but they seem to be siezed also.

gjmadsen

Postby gjmadsen » Tue 27 Nov, 2012 14:50

It sounds like you've done all the right things so far. My fittings often hang up almost every year.

If you've already tried a healthy dose of WD-40 (more can't hurt), and the bolts have sufficiently loosened (careful, it is easy to get the bolts cross-threaded in the aluminum wedges!), pounding the bolts down usually loosens the wedges from the ladder pipe/tube steel. If the railing or ladder still won't come loose, I usually try wiggling it around to free up the wedges. If it still won't come free, you can probably pull the whole thing out and then work on freeing the parts above ground. You may need to lightly sand any rough edges or corrosion scaling that might be present on the underground portion of the pipe. Be careful, being too vigorous may lead to more corrosion.

Lastly, it is always a good idea to clean out the holes and wedge slots the best you can before reinserting the pipe in the spring. I've been amazed at the amount of junk that can collect in those holes.
pramodsagar
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Swimming pool ladders @ 9911346955

We are the largest Importers and distributor of world renowned range of minder brand swimming pool equipments.

Postby pramodsagar » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 06:46

Swimming pool ladders @ 9911346955

we are the largest importers and distributor of world renowned range of minder brand swimming pool equipments.

Potent water care pvt. Ltd.
(water care and life style)
mr. Devender singhal
shop no -32, csc-12, g-29, dda market,
sector-3, rohini (near mother divine pb. School)
new delhi : 110085
phone :91-011-27514489 , 27512220
mobile :+91-9810296455 , +91-9911346955
email :potentwater@gmail.com

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”