Crack in fiberglass lined concrete pool

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
kiwipool

Crack in fiberglass lined concrete pool

Postby kiwipool » Mon 02 Jan, 2012 16:57

OK so you are looking for a straight Answer.

Let me try! From what you tell me is you may have a possibly have a perfect Concrete Shell under a layer of Fibre Glass that was applied.

And when it rains the water level in the pool rises it gets in behind the liner under the top.

Suggest you do not even repair the Fibre Glass but rip it out and find out the construction method used to build the pool (Maybe the local Council can help if it was built wit a permit.) then maybe you re Plaster or re Fiber Glass Dont attempt a Repair. And most important f you re F/Glass make sure you have a overflow point to stop the water level from going over the top and back behind the liner, even a drain hole in the bottom of the shell will help.
Norman kiwipool@ vodafone.net

Abow1007
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: About 35' long and it's a fiberglass in-ground pool. 6' is the deepest, and it's peanut shaped. It also has a gas heater

Re: Crack in fiberglass lined concrete pool

Postby Abow1007 » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 19:45

My fiberglass pool has a crack but it is in the deepest part and I can't get water to stop from seeping in thru the crack. I was going to do a fiberglass cloth and resin patch but it just fills with water. Any ideas?
pedro12
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby pedro12 » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 09:19

kiwipool wrote:Suggest you do not even repair the Fibre Glass but rip it out and find out the construction method used to build the pool (Maybe the local Council can help if it was built with a permit.) then maybe you re Plaster or re Fiber Glass Don't attempt a Repair. And most important f you re F/Glass make sure you have an overflow point to stop the water level from going over the top and back behind the liner, even a drain hole in the bottom of the shell will help.

This is a great answer. I also suggest you what exactly he suggested.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 14:17

pedro12 wrote:
kiwipool wrote:Suggest you do not even repair the Fibre Glass but rip it out and find out the construction method used to build the pool (Maybe the local Council can help if it was built with a permit.) then maybe you re Plaster or re Fiber Glass Don't attempt a Repair. And most important f you re F/Glass make sure you have an overflow point to stop the water level from going over the top and back behind the liner, even a drain hole in the bottom of the shell will help.

This is a great answer. I also suggest you what exactly he suggested.

It sure is a good answer, Norman is a great guy but it is an answer to a previous different problem than the current one?
kandy477
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20,000 gallon fiberglass with a sand filter using Rubysand

Postby kandy477 » Mon 10 Jan, 2022 10:45

Louisiana Pool did a great job on my fiberglass pool resurfacing in Baton Rouge. I know they repair cracks as well. Their website has a form for estimates.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”