Pool leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
ladypipeliner

Pool leak

Postby ladypipeliner » Fri 16 Dec, 2011 07:32

Anyone interested in how to fix a main line beneath a pool without digging it up or draining the pool?

czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Pool leak

Postby czechmate » Sun 18 Dec, 2011 21:34

ladypipeliner wrote:Anyone interested in how to fix a main line beneath a pool without digging it up or draining the pool?

Let me guess.
Praying real hard?? :D
ChuckGeo
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Pool leak

Postby ChuckGeo » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 18:22

Pipes Down Under?
Chuck
Owner, Superior Pool Services
25 years leak detection experience
Jennifer_Bolduc
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool leak

Postby Jennifer_Bolduc » Thu 29 Dec, 2011 23:36

Actually i did not get the pun behind it
!! :lol: :lol:
ChuckGeo
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Pool leak

Postby ChuckGeo » Tue 03 Jan, 2012 13:48

Ladypipeliner, what's the rest of the story?
Chuck

Owner, Superior Pool Services

25 years leak detection experience
serendipity

Pool leak

Postby serendipity » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 01:19

As a pool expert I can tell you with certainty that this is a difficult position to be in as a pool owner. The pipe that runs to the main drain is often overlooked during renovations due to the additional cost of gaining access to it. For this reason it tends to be the source of the leak in many unexplained water loss situations. That being said if you are trying to diagnose unexplained water loss on your own then you need to foolow a pool leak guide.

If the leaking pipe is below the floor the best option is to open the floor and replace the plumbing line completely being sure to take this opportunity to add dual suction main drains which your pool does not likely have currently. You can chalk the cost of this entire process up to safety and sleep better knowing your pool is safe and does not leak.

Most often leaking main drain lines are plugged off permanently as opposed to repaired to avoid cost however this reduces the efficiency of your pool greatly. In my professional experience products that claim to fix leaks with a topical treatment such as a liquid that is flushed through the lines do nothing more than cost money. You could, at absolute best, consider this a band-aid treatment to a leaking main drain line.
Michel15
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Pool leak

Postby Michel15 » Tue 30 Oct, 2012 11:26

In my professional experience products that claim to fix leaks with a topical treatment such as a liquid that is flushed through the lines do nothing more than cost money.

Pool Accessories

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”