Jandy Chlormatic III error due to chlorine?

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Stevorama
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 25,000 Blue Hawaiian fiberglass pool with Jandy Chlormatic III salt chlorinator

Postby Stevorama » Sat 24 Dec, 2011 12:44

Hi all,

I had a chlorine deficiency in my salt-system pool which was fixed by addition of stabilizer. However, the chlorine jumped really fast once the stabilizer was added.

Yesterday I got an error 145 on my Chlormatic III. According to the book it means too much salt. This isn't possible because the reading was 3.2 before my problem started - it now says 4.2 and I've added no salt. Could this be a false reading if the chlorine level is too high? I've cut production percentage which will take a few days to kick in.

Thanks,
Steve in Florida

Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

Postby Pool Clown » Sat 31 Dec, 2011 02:35

First, you need to bring a water sample to a pool store that can test for salinity. Make sure that he doesn't use a test strip to determine the salinity. This will tell us for what ever reason, either yes, the pool has high salinity, and should be drained and refilled (diluted) accordingly, or the sensor may have failed. I say maybe because there is the slim chance that the sensor has gotten some scale on it and isn't giving a correct salt reading. Experience says slim.

You probably need a sensor, but check the water first. You'll be looking for a number over 4.0 to support the sensors' 145 code.

If you do need a sensor, get it on-line. No store you can walk into will be able to beat the price.
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”