Acid wash and the new finish

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
pool panic

Acid wash and the new finish

Postby pool panic » Thu 22 Jun, 2006 22:03

Help!! I just completed a costly pool remodel. Well into the project it was clear that the contractor had way too many other jobs. The clincher came at startup which they forgot to do and I ended up with plaster dust everywhere. They then wanted to acid wash it but I've been told that that reduces the life of the pool. The contractor counters with no--not when it's done right and especially since you have the 3M quartz plaster. I agreed to drain the pool for the acid wash, because they finally convinced me that an acid wash to a drained pool would be less damaging. Instead they poured acid in the pool while filled. It's been four days, I can scrape plaster off with my fingernails! I'm almost in a panic. This is not a small-time contractor--probably the biggest in Southern California--but I don't trust them. What next? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 14:10

That is what we do for acid washing for new plaster but the plaster coming off doesn't sound good at all. I would have them look at it.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”